nine

Will Paquin
••• Circles •••

and it's here,with eyes shut tight,that you run circles,in my mind

and it's here,
with eyes shut tight,
that you run circles,
in my mind

•••••

Bigger chapter for some feelsies 🤙

TW: bullying, self harm (punching car hood lol)

   The next morning at breakfast, Lloyd felt innumerable pairs of eyes on him.

  "Please," he said tiredly. Even Zane's cooked breakfast couldn't make him feel better about the ensuing teasing he knew was impending upon him, no matter how good it was. "Just get it over with."

   The others didn't need to be told twice.

  "She was so cute! Like a shy little kitten." Nya was the first to gush.

  "Very polite, indeed," Zane inputted.

  "I wanted to pinch her cheeks!" Jay said, before frowning. "She's really gonna be feeling that cold today."

  Lloyd sunk deeper into himself. He preferred it when they didn't know about Y/n, when he could revel in the thoughts of her alone. But seeing her interact with his family, as nervous as she was, twinged something deep inside of him. It felt like she'd belonged there, in the monastery, with him. It felt right.

  His stomach gave an impatient yank. He gripped his chopsticks a little bit tighter.

  "She was pretty chill," Kai agreed. He shrugged one shoulder as he picked up a bit of bacon with his chopsticks. "Quiet, but chill."

  "Not everyone can be as loud as you, Kai," Cole shot. The piece of bacon was flung towards him, which he easily caught with his own chopsticks before it could hit its mark. He popped it in his mouth. "Thanks!"

  Kai rolled his eyes.

  "You were very protective over her, Lloyd," Zane mentioned after scooping some more rice into Nya's outstretched bowl. Lloyd winced at the reminder. "It was odd. You are usually not one to be so short."

  "What is this about?" Wu asked.

  "Lloyd was being overprotective while I was assessing Y/n's injury." The nindroid smiled. "It was quite amusing."

  Lloyd sighed - even Zane was joining in on the teasing. He stirred his breakfast sullenly. This wasn't going to end any time soon.