sixteen

The Clash
••• London Calling •••

london calling to the faraway towns,now war is declared and battle comes down,london calling to the underworld, come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls

now war is declared and battle comes down,
london calling to the underworld,
come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls

•••••

Rewriting this chapter was hell, enjoy

TW: fantastical harm, manipulation

  Chen's knee bounced as he sat at his desk, chewing on the end of a pen as he scrolled on his laptop.

  He was meant to be searching for possible camping spots for his family's upcoming trip over Christmas, but his attention kept getting snagged by the news adverts that would line each website - the Green Ninja was always a top story.

  The guilt was choking him.

  Chen pushed himself away from his desk and sighed, running his palms roughly down his face. Finding out that Lloyd was the Green Ninja was a wake-up call of a monumental kind. He'd once preened himself on Lloyd's kicked-to-the-curb self, felt power upon his belittling, and now...

God, he was a dickhead.

  Chen followed everyone else's footsteps by ostracising Lloyd without even really knowing why. Picking on him, calling him names, making his life a living hell. Lloyd wasn't Lloyd to the city, he was a punching bug. All he was was an evil tyrant's pathetic son.

  Who was also the city's saviour.

  Chen hung his head back. "Fuck," he whispered, because he really was fucked. It was as though a murky film had been removed from his vision and he could see clearly, now. He was following the crowd, sure, but that didn't mean he wasn't being an awful prick. He should've pulled his head out of his ass long ago.

  The Green Ninja. It was all so... baffling. He'd spat insult after insult, shoved him against lockers, scorned the very one who kept his home safe. That was a monstrosity of a fuck-up. That was fucked-up on an atrocious level. Lloyd could've turned around and out-powered him at any moment, but he didn't. He just took it all on his chin.

  Chen closed his eyes as his memory rolled through the past handful of years. How many times had he made Lloyd miserable? For what? For being the son of Lord Garmadon, something he didn't even have any control over? What gave Chen the right? What gave anyone the right?

  When did get so blind-sided? When did he turn so cruel?

  "Che-Che?"