thirty-seven

the feels
••• Fever •••

got me feverowe you plenty now i'm holding ongot me fever, now i'm readytake me to the storm

got me fever
owe you plenty
now i'm holding on
got me fever, now i'm ready
take me to the storm

•••••

' To my wonderful readers: sorry about that last cliffhanger. Well, no, not really. HAHAHAHA. But seriously, I love you guys' - Rick Riordan, 2013

TW: gun shooting, blood, assault 

  "Guns down, now!" Jamie L/n's fearsome voice bellowed across the silent countryside. The muzzles that hadn't already dropped fell at his searing command, and the eyes I'd inherited turned back to me with frightened anger. "Y/n, what are you doing here?!"

  I couldn't answer, terrified right into silence. Not of my father, not of the guns that had just been aimed at me, but of the appalled, baffled stare Lloyd was burning into the side of my face. I couldn't even bring myself to look at him.

  And not just Lloyd - his parents, Wu, his team - I could feel the weight of all their stares. Everyone who supported me, everyone I'd begun to consider family over the horrors of the past week. I'd betrayed them all. I was the daughter of their biggest thorn and I never told them. I never told Lloyd.

  "Did anybody see this coming?" I heard Jay stage whisper from behind me, voice loopy with shock. His answers were all mumbled negatives.

  Another resounding boom from the epicentre of Stiix had a mighty wind blow over all of us, and I was stumbled out of my state of shock. I turned to the township and watched as a fountain of spectral beings shot up into the sky and spilled out amongst the town.

  My breaths had grown into shallow gasps of panic. There were so many ghosts - how could we ever defeat them? How could we work our way through Stiix and get to Morro? Would the plan still work? Would Lloyd even let me join them now?

  A hand on my shoulder pulled me around to face Lloyd's confused fury. The look in his green eyes was everything I'd dreaded - no, it was worse, because it was real. I felt my soul shatter beneath the chill of his stare.

  "He's your dad?" Lloyd hissed.

  My throat was thick. "I wanted to tell you, I tried to-"

  "He's your dad." Lloyd pressed his hand onto his masked head and released a heavy chuckle of disbelief. He wasn't finding any of this funny. "God, everything that- it all makes sense."