eight

Modern English
••• I Melt With You •••

dream of better lives, the kind which never hate,dropped in the state of imaginary grace,i made a pilgrimage to save this human race,never comprehending the race had long gone by

dropped in the state of imaginary grace,
i made a pilgrimage to save this human race,
never comprehending the race had long gone by

•••••

LORE DUMP LORE DUMP LORE DUMP

  The Monastery was nestled on the lip of a valley, boarded by forestry and backed by the base of the Wailing Alps, shadowed by night and peppered with rain. The place looked like it was ripped straight out of one of my history books. It almost looked older than the land itself.

  It was red from what I could tell in the dying light of dusk. Dark columns stood at attention across its patio, and lined the building's entire front. Its tiered triple roofs curved up in the traditional style that had long gone out of fashion and spoke of its immense age. The building stretched out on either side and then towards the trees behind it, creating three long halls in the shape of a boxy C.

  A large pond sat before us, ringed by a gravelled driveway and reflecting the warm lights that flooded from the Monastery's windows. At its centre was a magnificent statue of a dragon made from rock, wings unfurled and stretching to the sky. There was no garage. Instead, a number of cars and vans were parked at the front. Some of them looked in the middle of being repaired.

  Seeing a banged-up Honda Civic from the 80s sat in front of a place as magical as this did, admittedly, give me whiplash. 

  My wide eyes turned to the Green Ninja in shock as he walked us towards the front entrance's steps. "You live here?"

  He found my disbelief amusing. "I am a ninja."

  "You live here?!" I echoed.

  "Yes," he snickered as he ascended the stairs.

  I stared at everything I could, trying to commit the place to memory. I'd never seen such a beautiful building with my own eyes before. I was insanely jealous - to live here would be like living in history instead of just reading about it. To live here would be like having all my dreams come true.

  "It's gorgeous," I said, brushing my fingertips against the carved columns as we passed them. They were smooth with age. "What are the carvings of?"

  "Our history," he answered, briefly pausing to let me look. "Battles that have happened and fights that are yet to come."

  My brow furrowed as I stared at an engraving of an oni baring its fangs. "How does that work?"