twenty (editing)

Her's
••• What Once Was •••

tell me all the important stuff,what's your favourite colour?what makes you so tough? please don't let me go when you've had enough

what's your favourite colour?
what makes you so tough?
please don't let me go when you've had enough

•••••

Woo yay chapter twenty!! We're still not even halfway!!! Oh god what have I done!!!!!!!

Tw: mentions of: dead animals, dead body & blood. yn does her best at catastrophising

  My agitated fingers fiddled with the dragon pendant at my neck while I sat glumly upon the couch, Lloyd to my right and Simon lounging on the single-seater across the living room.

  I was exhausted - I had an awful, interrupted sleep, was subjected to a migraine, learnt that my powers could be fatal and that my new friends the ninja (and not-official-boyfriend) were all immortal demigods. It was twenty-four hours of monumental bombshells, and I was too tired to deal with my snobby cousin who always had a stick up his ass. The last thing I wanted to do was something ridiculous like being polite and cordial towards someone who didn't deserve it.

  But Lloyd was polite and cordial enough for the both of us. He had more experience than I with an unwanted audience so the boys held a conversation, though I didn't pay attention to most of it. Every so often I'd catch Simon pressing a little too insistently with a question, but I didn't care enough to listen. I sat there, frowning, staving off my exhaustion and counting the minutes down until I could leave and pull Lloyd along with me.

  "You are a very interesting specimen, Lloyd Garmadon," Simon noted. He leant forward, perched upon the edge of his seat as though intrigued to the highest degree, and his piercing yellow eyes seemed to dissect Lloyd's relaxed form.

I laid my head against the top of the couch's backrest and aimed my closed eyes at the ceiling with the kanzashi in my lap. He's so fucking weird.

  "Stop being creepy," I muttered. It then occurred to me that Simon knew Lloyd's last name without us having told him - but really, aside from my own earlier cluelessness, that wasn't abnormal. It seemed as though everyone other than me already knew who Lloyd was. I grabbed his hand and stood. "I'm going to see if Mum needs help in the kitchen. That'll be way more entertaining than having to listen to you."

  I left before he could reply to my face. Lloyd followed obediently, his amusement at my attitude rolling off of him in waves.

  "Now, that's not very nice," Simon admonished at my back.

  "Suck an egg, shitdick," I said loudly, before shutting the door to the lounge behind us.