thirty-two

Half Moon Run
••• Trust •••

it's not a riddle, it's a stepping stone on a slippery slope, it'll drag you down never seen you like this before

on a slippery slope, it'll drag you down
never seen you like this before

•••••

TW: mentions of vomit, dubcon kiss/advances, assault

Jay and I screamed, and it echoed in the darkness that quickly consumed us. I was pretty sure that if I held his hand any tighter, I'd shatter it.

As we tumbled through the air I seriously reconsidered how much I trusted the team, though it was a tad bit late for that kind of clarity. I waited for the impact and hoped my death was swift.

And then the walls around us curved until we were caught, and our momentum sent us hurtling down a massive flute of ice. My screams tapered out in confusion. Jay began to laugh.

"An ice slide!" he cheered over the wind of our speed. "Lloyd's granddad was the coolest!"

"Are you telling me I risked my life seventeen times in that cavern for a slide?" I was in disbelief. I had a panic attack over a slide?!

Jay's hand slipped from mine as he spun circles on the ice while giggling maniacally. I stared at the rocky ceiling above us and contemplated throttling Uchū in the afterlife.

"Hey-hey!" Jay's spinning form called out to Nya and Kai, who we were starting to catch up to. They were sliding on a different track and brightened when they saw us.

"You made it!" Nya exclaimed in delight. She yelped when her track suddenly dipped out of sight. Jay and Kai collided in a tangle of limbs and spat curses.

"I don't think the health and safety of this ride is up to standard!" Kai shouted.

"Probably was a gazillion years ago," Jay chuckled. He pointed at an incoming loop-de-loop. "Look out!"

We were going fast enough that we didn't fall from the height of the arc, but I certainly felt myself grow sick. I held my hands over my mouth and grimaced. I hoped this ride would end soon, because I didn't want to think about what might happen if it went on for much longer.

Cole and Zane appeared, zipping into our path with yells of both elation and terror. Nya somehow appeared from overhead and landed just shy of Zane with a squeal.

"Owww," she complained, and drifted along the ice until she was shooting down it backwards. "This slide sucks!"

My stomach rolled again. I was inclined to agree.