thirty-three

Will Paquin
••• In Two •••

but in the end, i won't еscape from the sight of youhalf of me is half of you nowi'll have to cut myself in two

half of me is half of you now
i'll have to cut myself in two

•••••

TW: drowning, assault, acrophobia, vomit, mentions of torture, mentions of gore, panic attack

"Lloyd!"

He tumbled through the air of the drop with a faint look of weary shock. I careened forth, my feet sliding across the icy rock, as if I could do anything but watch him hit the tumultuous water with a mighty splash and sink beneath the surface. My terror made me feel as if I'd been plunged into the icy depths right beside him.

Nya shot out her arm and lifted the water to send him towards us, but she was thrown back by a gust of air so aggressive that it slammed her back against the rock wall. She slumped to the ground with a listless groan.

"Nya!" Kai and Jay yelled, but she remained still.

"I don't think so," Morro said from his ledge with a wicked smile. "Can't have a water ninja ruining our fun."

The cavern continued to rumble, shaking and dislodging rocks to rain down upon us. He caught them with his wind and turned them into tiny projectiles, and it took everything in Zane and Cole to divert them away from where Jay was tending to Nya, and where Kai and I were racing along the river.

Lloyd's head broke water with a spluttering cough that rattled in his chest. He slipped back beneath the current not a moment later, his struggling body silhouetted by the glowing rocks that surrounded him. Lightning still zapped from his skin.

At the end of the cavern, the water dropped into another fall. My fright grew so shrill that it rang in my ears.

"We have to get him out!" I cried, which was obvious, but fear made people say obvious things.

"How?" Kai asked. The sword in his grip glinted against the shine of the river beside us. "That water's too strong and he's covered in electricity! Unlike Jay and Nya, water and electricity don't actually mix!"

No, they didn't. We were at an impasse.

I raced alongside the river and drummed my brain. Think, Y/n, think! We needed Jay, but he was caught up in protecting Nya and fighting Morro, and it would take too long to retrieve him. We needed someway to subdue Lloyd's powers - but how? He was half-dead in the water already! To get into the water with him the way he was would be like signing your life away.