six

Beach Weather
••• Chit Chat •••

hello reason, are you into treason? so you mind if i steal your heart?oh, is it something sacred, more than you tried to make it,and you slowly let it rip apart

so you mind if i steal your heart?
oh, is it something sacred,
more than you tried to make it,
and you slowly let it rip apart

•••••

  Lloyd was sure that he'd never blushed as hard as he did when Y/n kissed his cheek.

  When the door shut and the flurry of Lloyd's worry for her thwacked head had calmed, the realisation that she just kissed his cheek truly set in. His heart stumbled and he lifted his fingers to the spot above his freckles in shock.

  The feeling of it still lingered, burning through his nerves and setting his soul alight. His unnatural hearing picked up her racing heart just beyond the door from where she'd leant against it. She cursed herself, which made an overwhelmed chuckle get lodged in his throat, and listened as she stormed deeper into the house.

  Lloyd turned from the door and, head spinning with delirious delight, wandered down the steps of the porch. A tabby cat darted across the street, paws padding on the concrete.

  He'd never been kissed by a girl before (sure, it was only on the cheek, but it he still considered it a kiss). At least, not by anyone that wasn't his friends' mothers, his own mother, or Nya. And none of them counted.

  Lloyd didn't think he'd ever felt as much as he was feeling before, either. It was a tidal wave of emotions, an entire torrent of them. For the first time in a long time, he didn't feel the pressing weight of the Garmadon lineage on his shoulders. He felt... light. Airy. He was happy.

  Was this what normal people got to experience?

  He paused when a car turned into the driveway, illuminating him briefly in light. Lloyd startled - he didn't notice it coming. Usually his heightened senses were so switched on all the time that it was impossible to ignore, but his head was so wrapped up in thoughts of Y/n that, for once, the world was quiet.

  Lloyd stiffened. Y/n might've not known him, but that didn't mean her mother was the same. He would've disappeared into the shadows if he weren't already spotted.

  He heard the woman's hum of confusion before the clanging of the keys turning, the dying gutter of the engine switching off. The delightful feelings subdued into something mellow. If she knew who he really was, what kind of history his family held, then he could kiss Y/n's own cheek - kiss it goodbye.

  The woman stepped out. She was definitely Y/n's mother, he could see the similarities as easy as knowing when the sky was blue, and she paused behind her open door. She stared at him for a brief moment, and he raised his hand in awkward greeting.