thirteen

De La Soul
••• Eye Know •••

may i cut this dance to introduce myself as the chosen one to speaklet me lay my hand across yours and aim a kiss upon your cheek

let me lay my hand across yours and aim a kiss upon your cheek

•••••

tw: blood

  "That's a lot of food," I whispered, watching with wide eyes as platter upon platter was brought out from the Noodle House's kitchen and laid upon the table.

  The feast was clearly a free-for-all, since the others had no shame in loading their plates high and arguing over pieces of fried chicken. My stomach felt full just looking at Nya's towering plate. How could she eat all that? How could any of them?

  Lloyd chuckled at my surprised expression. "Ninjitsu is hungry work." He picked up my plate. "What do you like the look of?"

  "The noodles," I said. It was the first dish I'd tried when I arrived in the city and it'd become my go-to. Routine was comfort. Lloyd scooped a heaping load twice the size of my head onto the plate and I baulked. "Not that much!"

  He looked at me before turning to the overloaded plate in shock. "Oh. Instinctual." He pulled off a little with his chopsticks and glanced at me for approval. When I shook my head, his brows raised. "Less?"

  When there was a third left - a reasonable, healthy serving - Lloyd gave the plate to me. Kai looked at my marginally smaller lunch with a knot between his brows.

  "Being a normie must be tough," Kai murmured, only to get chastised by Cole, who I quickly worked out was the team mum. I thought it would've been Zane.

  I couldn't help but laugh. It was baffling - they thought my serving was ridiculous? Talk about pot and kettle. These guys were all bottomless pits or something, and judging by Lloyd's now heaping plate, he wasn't any different. Even Zane's portion was massive. Where did they put it all? Hammerspace?

  "So, Y/n," Jay began after a brief moment of silence as we ate. I looked to him, chopsticks frozen mid-air. His blue eyes squinted with mirth. "I hear you have a killer arm."

  My chopsticks nearly fell. My face burnt red. Lloyd grinned beside me and shook his head - clearly amused.

  "Jay," Cole warned. "Don't embarrass her."

  "No- no, it's a good thing!" Jay exclaimed. His attention snapped back to me. "We need a new batter for our cricket league!"