fifteen

The Whitest Boy Alive
••• Burning •••

so many people turn me one wayso many people turn me to staynever time to have my mind made up

so many people turn me to stay
never time to have my mind made up

•••••

TW: panic attack

  Lloyd's days during the boot camp could be separated into four easy parts;

  In the morning, the team would wake, stretch, and then near-brutalise their bodies through hyper-intense training scenarios.

  Lunch was spent resting and napping off the intense midday sun. Here, Lloyd would shoot Y/n a text or two. Maybe a full conversation that would end in one of his team members yanking the phone from his grasp and reminding him that he wasn't on vacation.

  The afternoon consisted of the team mentally draining themselves in an effort to better their Elemental Powers and then dragging their feet to contribute on making dinner.

  And then, before letting his exhausted body crash, Lloyd would spend an hour on the phone with Y/n.

  Lloyd... knew he was distracted. And distraction, usually, was something he never allowed himself to be. Distraction was dangerous in his line of work.

  But the thoughts of Y/n was intoxicating. She was there when he woke and lingered when he went to bed. When Lloyd should've been focusing on where to place his foot during a sparring session, he was wondering what she was doing at that very moment. When he should've been meditating and clearing his mind, his thoughts gravitated towards her favourite things; what was her favourite colour? What was her favourite song? Movie? Book?

  Though, he'd probably get told off for asking the last one. The thought of her face scrunched with frustration made him smile.

  Sensei Wu had been growing more and more exasperated with Lloyd's wandering attention. While he was glad that his nephew's spirit had returned (and with more vigour upon meeting Y/n), he couldn't help but catch himself reminiscing the days where Lloyd put the Green Ninja's duties first and everything else, emotions included,  second.

  He knew that made him a terrible uncle, so Wu never voiced these feelings. He just hoped that Lloyd wouldn't get himself into trouble during a mission.

  Breaks were Lloyd's favourite time of the boot camps, which was a far cry from his attitude a year prior. As soon as he was dismissed, he'd beeline it back to his room, where he knew his phone would be waiting with the occasional message from Y/n. He'd ignore the sniggers of his team behind him.

  On the Thursday, he was particularly tired and particularly distracted. He'd gotten only a handful of hours of sleep after sneaking out to visit Y/n, and seeing her didn't tamper out the flaming need in his chest to be in her presence. If anything, it only stoked the fire.