eighteen

Lana Del Rey
••• Season Of The Witch •••

and when i look in my window, so many different people to be,that it's strange, so strange,it's very strange to me

so many different people to be,
that it's strange, so strange,
it's very strange to me

•••••

TW: panic attack, light mentions of torture, blood

summer christmas pt. 1 B)

  "Lloyd and I will demonstrate a soundless fight," Garmadon announced to his eagerly watching students. "Pay close attention, as the Green Ninja will be extra eager to prove his worth now that he brought his girlfriend to spectate."

  Lloyd was unfazed by the taunt and the chuckles it brought. I, however, flushed awfully hot and had to stifle the urge to hide my face into my shirt. I had a feeling that I'd have to get used to being teased like this fairly quickly.

  Lloyd slid his foot back against the tatami flooring and raised his fists. "You think you're funny, old man?" His smirk was sharp as a viper.

  Garmadon eased into a similar position - two lions, taut to pounce. Humour glinted in his green eyes. "I know I am."

  They leapt before I could blink, wrestling in an art form that transcended time. Their fists blurred, their kicks swiped, they moved so fast that my brain had trouble keeping up. I had no idea who was winning or losing. The looks on each of their faces, the fierce razor-focus, chilled me to the bone.

  Who would ever go up against the ninja? Who would risk it? Outside the dojo, the fountain spluttered water. Drip, drip, drip. Even that was louder than the fight the two were engaged in - as silent as snakes, sure as the sunrise. My heartbeat thundered in my ears.

  And I thought my father-daughter bonding at the shooting range was intense.  

  My heart sunk as I watched the two Garmadons flit about the mat. If Jay was right in that I'd have to fight when this prophecy came to pass, I was thoroughly fucked. Powers or not, I could never get to this level of expertise. I could barely go a day without accidentally walking into something and stubbing a toe.

  What were they thinking? What was Fate thinking?

  In the middle of my own woe-fest, Lloyd had managed to overpower his father. The other students clapping politely brought me back to my senses and when I did, I found Lloyd sending me a smug smirk.

  "Impressed?" Lloyd asked. He was too quick to call the fight over, however, as Garmadon swept out his legs and his son dropped to the floor like a rock. He groaned.