forty

Bakar

••• Hell N Back •••

got my head in the clouds, counting all my starsin my ears, said the world was oursgo to hell and back just heal my wounds

in my ears, said the world was ours
go to hell and back just heal my wounds

cause it gets like that, wrong side of the moon

•••••

We're halfway through the book! Fuck!!!! There's still so much to write oh my god !!!!

also trying to format this chapter was fucking painful, if this posts and it's screwed up im going to girl rage

Edit: I am currently girl raging

TW: blood, gore, mentions of the intercourse

I woke up with a cat curled against the left side of my body and Lloyd pressed against the right.

It was nice to wake up in Lloyd's actual bedroom. Unlike his room in the Bounty, this one felt a touch more homely and didn't remind me of all the times I woke up alone and in tears. The curtains had been left unpulled (as soon as we entered the afternoon before, we'd collapsed onto the bed and passed out) and the mid-day sun filtered through the maple trees and sakura leaves outside. His arm was around my waist. His slow, slumbering breath fluttered my hair.

Birds whistled amongst the garden as they flitted across branches and through the trees. The dog barked in the distance, joined in by a girl's laugh. Lloyd's bed smelt of him. It wasn't lost on me that I'd only seen his bedroom once before and now I'd spent the night. How willingly he allowed me into his sanctuary, into a space so safe for him.

And waking up this morning (afternoon?) would've been nice, that is, if I wasn't having the mother of all migraines.

I closed my eyes against the uncomfortable brightness of the sun glaring through the window and grimaced at the bolting pain that slashed down the centre of my skull. I thought the healing tea was meant to, I dunno, heal? Though I supposed the rest of my body wasn't quite as achy as I'd expected it to be. I groaned and woke the boy next to me. He stretched beneath the covers with a big sigh.

"Mornin' sunshine," Lloyd greeted through a voice that rumbled with the effort to be quiet. His lovely hum sent sharp bells ringing through my ears.

Stifling a whine, I dug my head beneath the pillow and sank into the darkness. I'd always hated migraines. The heavy exhaustion that accompanied it only added to the lingering tiredness of fighting the ghost army and over-using my powers.