twenty-seven

the feels
••• How It Feels To Be Alive? •••

do you feel the samе rain?you and i have the same namedo you feel the same time?might go too fast, don't question why

you and i have the same name
do you feel the same time?
might go too fast, don't question why

•••••

btw if you go 'wait zane's voice box is suddenly broken?' it's bc i was silly and forgot to mention it in the last chapter. it's been retrospectively fixed

  Zane lifted his cup of tea as the Bounty's engines rattled below us before dying with a splutter. A muttered curse of Nya's floated from the bridge. Zane placed his tea back onto the table between us as I turned the page of the book I was reading.

  It was mid-morning, and after Zane had a 'power-nap' (I wasn't sure if he was being literal or not), he'd found me in Lloyd's room, curled on the bed and turning the dragon sculpture in my hands. With his voice box still broken he wrote on a notebook and urged me to join him on the deck to continue where Misako's investigation left off and, since the only other conceivable way I had of passing the time was by crying, I accepted his suggestion.

  The second clue - the image of a sword surrounded by squiggles - eluded us still. We'd come to the conclusion that was sword had to be a specific one, so Zane searched his mind of all the swords of myth and legend he had logged, and I searched the old tomes of Misako's that escaped the digital age.

  The Bounty's engines gave a caterwauling screech that had both Zane and I grimacing. If Misako was still asleep, then she must've been sleeping like the dead. Maybe Garmadon found earplugs for her.

  "Anything?" I asked. Zane shook his head and I closed my book with a sigh. "I read through this twice and I'm pretty sure Misako's studied it right down to the font type. It's not in here."

  'That is unfortunate.'  Zane wrote out his reply on his notebook in eerily perfect font despite it facing me and not himself. 'I cannot find anything in my records, either.'

  "Do you think Nya can take me back to Domu?" 

  A loud clatter and a shout of frustration from the bridge made us wince. No, Nya was not an option.

  'I would suggest the senseis, but Wu is cooking us all lunch and Garmadon is watching over Misako. He can get quite overprotective when she is in such a state.' Zane lifted his gaze to mine with an idea and tapped his pen against his chin for a beat. 'Was Ronin not just at the library? Perhaps he came across something of interest during his rummage.'