Chapter 7

Rather Be - Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne)
__________

I didn't run away.

I told them I needed to talk to someone. That's not running away. That's just an excuse to...get away from them...the concept is completely different!

I had to get out of there. Thomas—I know him from somewhere. It's killing me not knowing who he is and why he's familiar. Everything is familiar to me. It's pissing me off.

I sat in Homestead in one of those homemade chairs. It was uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. The chair was lopsided, making me lean into the right arm of the chair while also getting poked by the loose nails. I swear, I have several splinters in my one thigh.

But it was either sit here, or sit next to Gally.

I played with the peeling wood of the chair, trying to clear my mind of everything. I looked around and watched as everybody smiled and laughed with their friends like everything was okay. Like there's nothing to worry about.

And that's also pissing me off.

How can these boys just sit here for years and think that nothing's wrong? Like everything is just peachy-keen. I growled aloud, covering my face with my hands. I tried to imagine myself somewhere else.

In a movie theater.

Sitting in complete darkness, except for the glare illuminating the faces of the movie-watchers. The thrill of the scary movie tugging at your rapidly-beating heart. The curiosity itching at your brain, and the adrenaline pumping through your veins.

Or in class at a High School.

Sitting in the back of the class with an open textbook that you were paying less attention to by the minute. The sound of a teacher lecturing the class about their behavior issues. The mixture of smells in the room making you want to gag and admire all at the same time.

Or walking through the mall during the Christmas season.

The Christmas music pouring out from every store like milk being poured into a glass. The clusters of people rushing by, on their way to finish their Christmas shopping. Teenagers walking pass you while they gossiped about some girl in their English Class. Decorations hanging from every light or shelf in sight. While the smell of perfume and cookies passed your nose bringing cheer and a slight appetite to your senses.

I wish I was there instead of here. At least there I could wander around without being asked where I was going while getting the stink eye. Whoever these Creators are, I hope their enjoying the show. Once I get out of here, the only show they'll be watching is the one where I'm kicking them and their compadres' ass.

"Well...someone looks happy." I heard a voice come from my right.

I opened my right eye, and stared up at the silhouette of the one and only Minho.

He smirked down at me, casting a shadow over my awkward sitting position.

I closed my eyes once again, running a hand through my blonde hair, before leaning back into the chair and grumbling, "Feeling like a ray of sunshine."

"Well, that's great, but what's really got ya' in a shucked mood?" Minho smiled softly squatting down in front of me.

I slowly opened my eyes and gave him a sarcastic look, "Do you really want to know? I mean the mind of a woman can get very depressing."

"I'll risk the chance," He mocked, "Now what's got Miss. Ray of Sunshine down?"

"Everything." I sighed slamming my head into the back of the chair.