Chapter 14

THIS IS NOT EDITED SO BEWARE OF SPELLING ERRORS.

________

      Thomas froze in his place, completely flabbergasted as his eyes stayed glued to the collapsed Runner. As for I, I kept glancing with wide eyes between Thomas and Minho.

"What're you doing standin' around here for? Get Alby or Newt!" I shouted at Thomas, running towards Minho.

I vaguely heard Thomas begin calling Newt and Alby because of how quick I sprinted over towards Minho.

I dropped to my knees, knowing that my legs were going to get grass stains.

"Minho?" I panted, feeling Thomas come up behind me.

"Hey- you okay?" Thomas gasped. Minho was panting like crazy. His eyes were closed with his arms covering his eyes.

No more late night training sessions with Minho.

"I'm...fine," Minho panted, looking through his arms at us. He looked up at Thomas and asked bluntly, "Who the klunk are you?"

"I'm new here. I'm Thomas...I've been here for a couple days. After Ame first showed up." Thomas told, looking at him confused.

Minho propped himself up onto his elbows, squinting over at Thomas, "Oh yeah. You're the second newbie. You, Ame, and the other chick."

Just then, Alby jogged over, stopping right in front of Minho, "What're you doin' back, Minho? It's too early. What happened?"

"Calm your wad, Alby. Now make yourself useful and get me some water- I dropped my pack out there somewhere." Minho demanded.

Alby did not move.

Instead he kicked Minho in the leg, unkindly. It made me wince but I knew that if I was in Alby's shoes, I'd probably go all ape-shit on the person who talked back, too.

"What happened?" Alby spat out once again.

"I can barely talk, shuck-face," Minho rolled his eyes, "Now get me water!"

I was visibly smirking at the whole interaction while Thomas looked shocked. Though I could still see a hint on a smile on his face.

Alby turned to Thomas quickly, pointing a finger at him, "Minho is the only shank that can talk to me like that without gettin' thrown off the cliff."

"Then why does Ame always get away with talking to you like that." Thomas asked boldly, the corner of his lip peeking up for a quick second before turning back to false confusion.

Alby narrowed his eyes at Thomas before turning his gaze to me. But all I did was send him a cheeky grin. Alby scowled at me before glancing to Minho who looked up in wonder and smugness.

"She's been hangin' around this slinthead for too long, that's why." Alby gestured to Minho with narrowed eyes.

"So does that mean I can talk back to you without being thrown over the cliff?" I grinned at Alby.

"Depends, 'cause I won't know if you're talkin' back just to be annoying or if it's just your time of the month." Alby shot back with a hint of a smirk on his face.

Thomas and Minho's eyes widened as they looked between their leader and I. I have to say that I was quite surprised as well. I really wasn't expecting it to come from Alby. My eyebrows were raised high as my mouth bobbed open, the corners of my lips twitched upwards. This battle I could not win and I am fine with it.

"Okay, that was good. I like that one. But I'm like ninety-nine point nine percent sure that the Creators had cut out my uterus 'cause I am left stranded in a maze with no pads or tampons. So, who knows at this point." I rambled on, truthfully exposing myself.