Chapter 27

The door swung open, revealing a wide eyed Newt. It didn't take that long for Newt to notice what was going on before jumping to the rescue.

Newt grabbed Alby's shoulders, using his entire strength and body weight to hold the strong boy down. "Grab his legs!" Newt ordered, his eyes staying glued to his best friend.

I quickly dove toward Alby's right leg, trying my absolute best not to get kicked in the head. I heard a yelp of pain come from behind me, knowing it was either Thomas getting kicked in the face or Thomas tripping over who knows what. I didn't have any time to look over at him to see. I wasn't exactly in the right place or position to.

I caught Alby's right leg with my arms, letting out a grunt of pain as Alby's shin connected with my stomach, knocking the air out of me. Once I had a hold on his leg, I held it against my body like I was hugging it. He continued to thrash his legs around, kicking me wherever his leg went. It was hard to say who was in control. I looked over my shoulder at Thomas who had finally gotten a hold of Alby's left leg. The side of his face was red and beginning to bruise when I knew that Thomas was kicked in the face.

If this moment wasn't so dramatic, I probably would've laughed.

I looked up ahead at Newt and watched as he quickly slammed his knee into the older boy's shoulder, where his hand use to remain. Newt pulled at one of Alby's hands that were still gripping his own throat. Newt pulled but the leader's grip was much stronger than Newt's. Sweat beaded off his forehead as he continued, without any breaths of air, to pull at Alby's hand. His muscles were flexed as they used all their might to pull at the sick boy's arms.

I probably would've ogled at his beautifully carved muscles if I were - once again - not in this situation.

"Let go! You're gonna bloody kill yourself, shuck-face!" Newt screamed at Alby.

I made a quick decision before yelling at Thomas, "Grab his right leg!"

Without waiting for his reply, I let go of Alby's leg, jumping forward and pinning Alby's shoulders down using all the strength I could muster. Newt took this advantage to place his knee down and use both his hands to pull at Alby's wrists.

While Newt continued to pull, I looked down at Alby's face, and felt my stomach drop to my feet at the sight of the Glade leader. His eyes had rolled to the back of his head, while his eye sockets have turned from a stubbed-toe-pink to an almost apple-red. His tongue stuck out, while his throat made actual choking noises. I will never pretend to be choking again if I ever had in the first place. I knew I was going to remember this forever. Unless the Creators decided to erase my memories once again.

Alby tried to sit up multiples of time in the pass three seconds, but I somehow managed to keep him down. I was practically sitting on Alby's right shoulder as the seconds passed. I felt my face turn red, and I knew I was holding my breath. I didn't have time to breathe. I was too busy trying to get Alby to breathe instead.

Slowly but surely, Newt was able to pry Alby's hands away from his throat. Around his neck were ten finger-size bruises and ten crescent marks that had just barely broken the skin. I quickly threw myself onto Alby's hands, using my body weight to keep his hands pinned to his chest and relieve some of the stress from Newt.

Alby continued to try and lurch up and break free from our grips, but with three of us practically on him, we managed to keep him still. He shook rapidly, but there were no signs of him having a seizure. After several other lurches, his breathing became steadier and his shakiness has seized. For a few seconds, I thought he passed out.

But after a few moments, his eyes fluttered opened again.

Just this time, they looked clearer. They weren't glazed over.