Chapter 30

Thank you so much, SpecialMonsterz for making me this cover! You don't know how much I appreciate your support and this amazing art work!_____________

_____________

I was expecting myself to be wrapped up in my sleeping bag when I first woke up. In fact, I was mostly expecting to be in my room. But as my brain began to slowly function and process why everything was much darker, I realized that I was no longer in my room. I had no idea where I was.

I was on my feet and ready to fight whoever brought me here until a soft voice came from the left of me, "Ame, relax. Newt said you didn't sleep that well last night, so he carried you here and let you sleep. It would've been nice if he did the same for me. The sleeping not the...carrying thing...."

My head snapped to the left spotting Thomas curled up against the wall. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought back to why Newt brought Thomas and I to this secluded part of Glade. My eyes snapped around the concealed area, spotting the bars on the only window available in the room. Realization hit me quickly as I muttered under my breath, "The Slammer."

"Yup." Thomas said with a bored look, keeping his eyes trained on the wall in front of him.

"Great." I muttered, throwing my back against the concrete wall, and sliding down until I was sitting. I threw my arms onto my knees, already annoyed with the silence. My eyes stayed glued to my hands before I noticed what I was wearing.

"What...am I wearing?" I asked out loud looking down at the white blouse draped over my body and clothing.

"I guess Newt put that on you." Thomas shrugged.

I blinked a few times before turning my head over my shoulder and staring at Thomas with a blank look, "You're tellin' me...there is a shirtless Newt wonderin' around Glade...while I'm being contained by a piece of concrete and bars?"

Thomas turned to me, the corner of his lips peaking up into an amused smile. "So...you and Newt," Thomas began, looking at me with a taunting smirk, "What's goin' on there?"

I rolled my eyes with a giddy smile, looking away from Thomas for a second before answering truthfully, "To be honest, I don't have a clue. But...."

"What?" Thomas' eyes widened, as the smile fell from his face.

My lips rolled inside my mouth, while my eyes glistened with secrecy. I felt like all my insides were floating on clouds as memories of the kiss Newt and I shared replayed in my mind, making a giddy smile pull up onto my face.

"Ame...what did you guys do?" Thomas looked at me with a serious look.

I laughed awkwardly at his question before answering with a blush crawling up onto my face, "After we returned from the Maze, Newt came and visited while I was being fixed up by the MedJacks. I'm not gonna go into detail 'cause I'm already feelin' pretty awkward explaining this, so I'm just gonna skip to the main point. Newt and I kissed."