Chapter 16

"Ame~" Newt said in a sing-song voice, shaking my knee.

I swear...I will cut a shank.

I groaned out loud, rolling more into my pillow, which was surprisingly warm.

"Ame, c'mon you have t'get up." Newt said softly, shaking my knee again.

I curled myself up into a ball, sucking in all the heat the warm pillow was radiating.

"Ame." Newt said a little more stern but was straining his voice to keep it that way.

"Newt...if you have any respect for me and my femininity, you will let me sleep in." I growled into my hair.

"We have a busy day ahead of us. Plus I would prefer t'have two arms today, love." I heard the grin in his voice.

I lifted my head out of my hair, and looked at him with like he had gone daft. Though I didn't keep that look on my face for that long; because that's when I realized...

I slept on Newt's arm.

Like a pillow.

My eyes widened as I bit my bottom lip instantly. I looked up to Newt who was blushing as red as me. He cocked an eyebrow up at me, watching my expression carefully.

I stared at him with a gapped mouth that continued to bob up and down every time I tried to say something. I just couldn't find the right words. Seconds went by with nothing said. We just stared at each other with unreadable expressions.

I blinked with a stuttering mouth before saying loud, "I have to change...my clothing. I have to change my clothing."

"Oh, yeah! Right! Sorry...I'll be waitin' downstairs." Newt shot up like a rocket, then practically rushed out of the room.

Once he was gone, I face palmed myself until I was certain I lost two brain cells. I honestly was considering jumping out the window but then I realized I would never see Newt's shirtless glory ever again so...you catch my drift.

I stood up slowly, afraid that some part of me would be hurting for sleeping on the ground. But when I stood straight, I felt refreshed.

Even after what I witnessed last night, this was the best sleep I've had since the day I got here.

I should sleep on the floor more often.

Maybe it wasn't the floor? Maybe it was the guy who purposely put his arm under your head so you would be comfortable while you slept? A voice said into my head.

"Don't assume things." I whispered to myself, shaking my head.

I walked over to the crate beside my cot, opening it to reveal my clothes. I kept my blue jeans on, feeling too lazy to go through the crate and grab my shorts. I changed out of my black shirt and into a simple white tank-top, throwing the leather jacket over my shoulders. I put running shoes on today wanting to see if I liked them better than my combat boots. Then finally, I slipped my digital wrist-watch on.

I played with my long hair, not really sure what to do with it. After a few minutes later, I left the room leaving my hair down.

I walked downstairs, hearing the sounds of the Gladers at work. I walked through Homestead, seeing not a single soul. It was completely empty.

Guess I missed breakfast today. I thought to myself, seeing how Frypan wasn't in the kitchen.

I walked out, still feeling quite bashful from this morning's scene. I played with my nails, and bit my lip until it was red. I just kept thinking about how embarrassing it was.