1

River POV

It was the first day of my freshman year. I was so nervous what do I wear, who am I going to talk too, and most definitely how am I going to get around. I'm new to all this we just moved here from New York. I honestly miss my friends I hate meeting new people. What if they don't like me. I heard Atlanta people can be really harsh.

"GET READY BABY ". I heard my mom yell.

I didn't reply I looked in my closet all of my clothes haven't been shipped. Out of all the people my clothes. So my mom and I went out yesterday to get some new clothes. I put my outfit on and looked in the mirror. I put baby oil on my legs and they were shining. I curled my hair with big curls.

" I look decent ". I say to myself.

I got my phone and book bag and went downstairs.

" Hey miss freshman ". She say.

I blushed and sat at the table and since I was nervous I ate fruit even though I wanted to eat all of the food.

" Are you excited for school ". She say.

" I guess ".

I felt my palms getting sweaty just thinking about it. It's getting closer and closer.

" You be fine ". She said.

I looked at my little brother she was into his iPod. He's 10 and he has no worry.

" Alright y'all ready its time to start the day ". My mom say smiling.

" Sure ".

We put the food up and gathered our stuff and left. I got in the front seat of my mom g wagon.

" Buckle up and enjoy the ride ". She say like a worker at the amusement park.

I smiled and buckled up.

__________________

We pulled up at Ivory High, my palms were starting to sweat even more. My heart started pounding I wanted to just leave.

" You'll be fine baby ". My mom say noticing my nervousness.

" Ugh ".

" Go I have to get to work ". She say.

I looked at her and than the school. I took in deep breaths and started to open the door.

" Wait here ".

She handed me twenty dollars.

" That should last you the whole week ". She say.

" Ok ".

I got out and got my things.

" See you later mom I love you ". I say.

" I love you too ".

I started to walk away from the car and into the building. The smell of old paint hit my nose. I looked around and started walking. I grabbed my schedule when I was looking at it I heard the intercom come on.

" Welcome back we will have a mandatory meeting in the auditorium at this time head that way now ". The person say.

I didn't know where to go I just followed the crowd.

So the freshman had to sit in the middle section and all eyes were basically on us. It felt like someone was staring at me I didn't know who it's over 200 kids. I knew someone was staring at me.The principal came and started talking about the do's and don'ts of the school.

" I'm pretty sure we know what to do we ain't babies ". This girl said sitting next to me.

" Yeah ". I say agreeing with her.

She smiled at me.

" I'm Lola ". She say.

" Rivers ". I say smiling.

" You must be new here huh ". She asked.

" Yeah aren't you ".

" I mean to Georgia ". She say.

" Oh yeah I moved here from New York ". I say.

" Wow you don't sound like it ".

" All New Yorkers don't have a accent you know ". I said smiling.

" I see ".

" You solo ". She added.

" Meaning ". I questioned.

" Any siblings here ".

" No ".

" Dang me either were on our own ".

Than a bell rung and everyone started to leave. We got up and I followed her out.

" This should be fun ". I mumbled.