22

August POV

Rivers been at my house ever since I told her she was pregnant. All she's been doing is crying. She hasn't had the courage to go to school.

" Rivers we gotta go ". I say.

" Everyone's going to look at me ".

" No they not they don't know and they not going to find out ". I say.

" I knew I should have waited till marriage ". She said.

" Baby chill we gone get through this I promise ". I say with a giggle.

" I love you Rivers ".

She gave me a blank stare when I said that.

" What ".

" I love you I been trying to tell you for the past month but I thought it was too early until now I really love you ". I say.

" I love you too ". She said kissing me.

" Everything is going to be ok ". I say.

She gave me a smile and looked down.

" We gone be the best parents ". I said.

" I'm never going to leave your side ".

That's why I'm going to grind even more for her and my soon to be child. Im gone be something, I'm not about to sell drugs all my life.

________________________

Rivers POV

I woke up to an empty bed. August wasn't in the bed and I looked around. I got out the bed and I heard someone singing it was really good singing. I followed the voice it led me downstairs to the basement.

" August ".

I saw a light on and I saw August in a studio.

" Phone just ring, heard a nigga got got
He was over in the east, last thing that he heard six shots He ain't get no love from the cops, nobody got caught Real talk when I heard who it was, my heart near damn stopped Somebody done killed my brother now I gotta get back
Letting off cause a nigga gotta feel that
Sitting shotgun with the shot gun
When you hear the shots come, nigga don't run
Already bad, it can only get worse
Hand full of steel cause the shit still hurts
Cut so deep when they put him in the hearse
Never saw 25, had to put 'em in the dirt "

When he was singing it was like I felt his pain. I accidentally knocked over a cup. August stopped singing and looked back. He saw me and it was just a silent moment until he came out.

" Whats up ". He say.

" Nothing you weren't in bed ". I said.

A smiles appeared on his face.

" You sound really good ". I say.

" Thanks ".

" Tomorrow can you take me to the doctors I want to set up an appointment ". I said sitting on the couch.

" Yeah ".

" You have anything to eat ". I asked.

" I don't cook ".

" You serious ". I said with a shock tone.

" I don't have time to cook ".

" Wow ".

" Let's go shopping ". I say.

"......aight ".

_____________________________

We were at the store August was holding my hand on the way here he was quiet I don't know why.

" You ok ".

" Yeah ". He say grabbing bags of chips.

" I hope we have a girl ". He added looking at my stomach.

" Why ".

" I don't know ".

He looked at me and smiled. Than he kissed by gripping butt.

" Ew get a room ". Someone said.

August turned around and it was this guy.

" What the fuck you say ". August say getting in his face.

" August it's not the serious ". I say pulling him back.

" He not about to say some slick shit and get away with it ". He said getting back in the guys face.

" Man you a little ass boy you don't want play with me ". The guy said.

" You don't want to play with me.....you don't know me nigga I'll beat the fuck out of you ". August protested.

" August stop ".

_____________________

When we got back to August house he didn't talk and didn't even help put up the groceries. I went upstairs to his room and saw him on the edge of the bed with his notepad. He was writing something I didn't want to ruin his moment.

 He was writing something I didn't want to ruin his moment

When I was about to walk out he had said something.

" I'm sorry about tonight I just want to protect you from everything ". He said.

" It's ok August I'm fine I can handle myself ". I say.

" Your all I have I don't have family my moms don't even talk to me can't even talk to my best friend ". He say.

" I'm here with you forever ".

" Yeah and I love you for that ".

" I love you too ".

" Were going to be parents ". He say.

" Yeah I know crazy ".