Chapter 3

2 weeks later....

"Queen Mal! Queen Mal!" A bunch of reporters stopped Mal on her way to Ben's office. She was trying to bring coffee to him, since he was up late last night working on some king stuff.

She sighed and put on a smile. "Yes?" she asked. Being Queen was hard. Besides all the meetings, balls, and dinners, she also had press conferences and, of course, the interviews.

"When do you think Auradon will be expecting an heir?" One of the reporters asked.

"Um.... I don't know," Mal said.

"Are you and Ben trying for another child?" Another one asked.

"That is none of your concern!" Mal said surprised that someone would ask that.

"Hi, hello, excuse me," Evie made her way through the crowd of reporters. Mal smiled in relief at the sight of her friend.

"What a wonderful day it is, don't you think Mal?" Evie asked.

"Wonderful," Mal repeated nodding.

"I just hope that it will be this beautiful on my wedding day," Evie said purposely trying to get the attention of the reporters.

"Ms. Queen! Can you tell us when your wedding will be?" A reporter asked and Evie smiled, knowing her plan had worked.

"I would love to! Please follow me. I'll tell you all the details we have so far," Evie said and then looked at Mal and mouthed, "Run."

Mal nodded and after mouthing a thank you she took off, running all the way to Ben's office. When she got there she was out of breath, and Ben stopped what he was doing and looked at her. Mal handed him his coffee before leaning against the wall.

"Let me guess, you were being bombarded by reporters again?" He asked and Mal nodded. "Who saved you this time?"

"Evie did," Mal said looking out the window to see her friend with crowds of reporters around her.

"You know, you won't always be able to rely on your friends to help you. You're gonna have to face them on your own someday," Ben said wrapping his arms around his wife.

"Why can't they just mind their own business?"

"Because they're reporters," Ben replied.

"They were asking about me being pregnant again."

"What did you tell them?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. It's none of their business."

"Maybe they're just exciting about there being an heir to the crown."

"Or maybe they're just really nosy, and they can't take no for an answer," Mal said angrily.

"Hey, hey, calm down okay? We're all fine. Everything will be okay. And besides, we are trying for an heir aren't we?"

"Of course we are. But they don't need to know that. The only ones who are involved with making the heir are you and me."

"And Evie. Don't forget Evie."

"Why Evie?"

"She's the person who makes you take a pregnancy test every time you tell her we.... you know..."

"Have intercourse?"

"Yeah. I still don't know why you tell her."

"Because she's my sister Ben. She's been with me through all the bad, I want her to be there with me through all the good too."

"Speaking of which, tonight's a big night," he said.

"You're right, tonight I promised Jane I'd help her get Evie's baby shower together."

Ben frowned. "Oh..."

Mal laughed. "I'm kidding you weirdo. Tonight, we're trying for an heir."

"Come here you," Ben said and pulled Mal close, tickling her sides.

"No! Ben! Stop!" Mal said laughing. Ben kissed her she deepened the kiss. He didn't stop, and his hands went to her waist, before he rubbed her back. 

Suddenly, Jane walked in and Mal pushed Ben away quickly.

"Oh! I'll..... Give you two a minute," Jane said and closed the door.

Ben cleared his throat, and both him and Mal were blushing madly.

"Did you... Need to get back to work?" Mal asked.

"Yeah, uh, thanks for the coffee," Ben said.

"Mhmm," Mal nodded and walked out of the room. "Jane, did you need something?" she asked spotting the girl who interrupted them.

"Oh, yeah. I need to talk to Ben," Jane said and quickly ran by Mal.

Mal raised her eyebrows and kept walking, shaking her head at what just happened.

As soon as Jane got in, she closed the door.

"How's the surprise coming along?" Ben asked.

"Great, it's almost done," Jane said and showed Ben a picture. He wanted to do something for Mal, since she's been so stressed. So, he made plans for a weekend getaway at the Enchanted Lake, and he assigned Jane to make sure everything was set up.

"Thanks Jane," Ben said.

"Uh huh. No problem. Enjoy yourselves," Jane winked at him before walking out of the room.

Tada! Who's ready for a Devie chapter? Or Jonnie? Or Janlos? Which one, which one?