Chapter 59

2 months later...

Evie and Doug decided to have their wedding sooner than later, in case anything else ever happened.

So, everyone got ready. Carlos was still worried about Jane, since she was due in a week and a half. Mal dyed the tips of her hair blue for her friend, and dressed Bailey and Madelyn in blue and white dresses (Pictured above).

Right now it was almost time for Evie to walk down the aisle.

"Mal, I'm so nervous. What if Doug decides-" Evie started freaking out.

"Stop," Mal put her finger to Evie's pink lips. "He won't. Trust me, he loves you. Now, it's time for Ben and I to go. You've got this," Mal said smiling and hugged her friend. Evie nodded and watched as her purple haired friend took Ben's arm before walking away.

The music changed and Evie started down the aisle. When Doug saw her he swore his heart literally skipped a beat. "Breathe," Carlos whispered to Doug. Doug opened and closed his mouth but no words came out.

Doug took Evie's hand and helped her up to the alter. The Priest nodded and the music stopped. 

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife," The Priest said. "Evelyn Queen and Doug Dwarfson, have you come here to enter into Marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?"

"I have," Both Evie and Doug responded.

"Are you prepared, as you follow the path of Marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?" The Priest asked.

"I am," The two said

"Are you prepared to accept children lovingly from God and to bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?" 

"I am," They responded once more.

"Since it is your intention to enter the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church," The Priest said and Evie and Doug did as they were told and joined their right hands. 

"Do you, Doug Dwarfson, take Evelyn Queen to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" The Priest asked.

"I do," Doug nodded smiling brightly at Evie.

"And do you Evelyn, take Doug Dwarfson to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" The Priest turned to Evie.

"I do," Evie said smiling. 

"Please say your vows you have written," The Priest said.

"Evie, I promise to always unclog the tub, even though only one of us has long hair. I vow to protect you from spiders as long as we both live. I promise to always let you have the last blueberry pancake. And I promise to snuggle you as often as I can," Doug said and slid Evie's ring on her finger.

"Doug, I promise to get up and get the remote from across the room, even if it was not I who placed the remote so very far away. I vow to love you even as you scan through all those movies without picking one to actually watch. And I promise to always say I don't want fries, but end up eating yours anyway," Evie said and slid Doug's ring on him.

"If anyone has any reason to believe these two should not be together, speak now or forever hold your peace," The Priest said and looked around.

Suddenly a purple cloud of smoke gathered in the middle of the aisle and everyone gasped.

Dum Dum Dum! Who is it?