Chapter 26

Mal and Ben rushed in to find Evie and Doug questioning the lizard. 

"Guys.... What are you doing?" Mal asked walking over to her friends.

"We're getting answers," Doug said. "Like, who poisoned Lonnie?" He turned his attention to Maleficent. She stuck her tongue out and turned away.

"She's not gonna talk," Ben shook his head.

"We've got to do something. Lonnie could die if we don't," Evie said.

"I've got a sneaking suspicion we're looking at the wrong girl," Mal said.

"What do you mean?" Doug asked. 

"Well, you see.." Mal started explaining and Evie looked at Maleficent again. She looked like she was getting..... Bigger.....

"Mal," Evie whispered.

"What?" Mal asked and turned to her friend to see purple smoke fill her mothers cage.

"I take it that's not good?" Doug asked.

Suddenly the glass shattered and the four quickly turned away, crouching to the ground. 

"I'm baaaack!" Maleficent sang as she appeared.

"Mother? How?" Mal asked.

"Oh, sweetheart, it really is so simple. But, who has time for that?" Maleficent asked laughing. 

"Mal! Get away from her!" Ben yelled to his wife.

Mal went to run away but Maleficent grabbed her, and everything went black. Well... White.

Mal opened her eyes and looked around. Everything was... Blank....

"Sorry about the headache," Maleficent said walking over to her daughter.

"What headache?"

"The one you'll get when you wake up."

"You mean, I'm not awake?"

"Well, you're not conscious in the real world. Right now we're in your brain."

"But... Why?"

"Because I have approximately five minutes to tell you this before I turn back into a lizard," Maleficent said helping Mal stand up. 

"Tell me what?" Mal asked.

With Ben, Evie, and Doug....

"Mal!" Ben yelled running over to the purple haired girl. 

"We need to get her to the hospital," Doug said.

"Wait, look!" Evie said and pointed at Maleficent. They were both.... Frozen it seemed. 

"Check her pulse," Doug said.

"It's weak, but it's still there," Ben said nodding. 

Maleficent and Mal...

"You know who poisoned Lonnie don't you?" Mal asked as her mother sighed.

"I have an...... Idea," Maleficent nodded.

"Well, who is it?" 

"Are you sure you want to know? This could be very dangerous."

"Yes, I'm sure. I have to help my friends."

"Even if it means risking the lives of your two children?"

"Wha- How did you know?"

"I know a lot of things Mal. It wasn't that hard to tell."

"You could tell?"

"Yes, of course I could."

Mal sighed. "You're wondering why Ben can't tell, aren't you?" Maleficent asked.

"Is it really that hard? I made it so obvious," Mal said.

"Boys can be oblivious..."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because... I... L.... Lo...."

"You love me?"

"Well... I'm still working on it."

"Who poisoned Lonnie?"

"You realize if you find out, you could die?"

"What do you mean?"

"This... This is draining your magic. Without magic, you cannot live."

"Tell me," Mal said. Maleficent sighed and nodded. She went to tell her daughter.

Ben, Doug, and Evie....

"Her pulse is weakening!" Ben said. "We have to get her out of whatever their doing."

"Ben, a few more minutes," Evie said, silently praying her friend was alright.

Maleficent and Mal....

"I can't believe it!" Mal said when her mother told her.

"You have a week," Maleficent said.

"A week until what?"

"Until your friend dies," She said. "Now, you must go. My time is up."

"Wait, please, I need to know how to beat this."

"You already do," Maleficent said. She went to undo the spell, but before that she turned to Mal. "You'll be a great mother."

Then everything went black.....

Mal gasped and sat up. "Mal!" Ben rushed over to her. 

"What happened?" Mal asked.

"We don't know. You collapsed, your mother was frozen, an-" Doug started.

"Mom!" Mal turned to see Maleficent turned back into a lizard.

"She turned back into a lizard soon after you collapsed. What happened to you?" Evie asked bending down next to her friend.

"I know who poisoned Lonnie," Mal said and looked at Evie, to see her holding her arm. "What happened to your arm?"

"Eh, glass," Evie shrugged. 

"It's bleeding E."

"I know. I'll be fine. Let's go tell Jay what you found out."

"Oh, one more thing," Mal stopped them.

"What?" Doug asked.

"Lonnie has a week to live," Mal said. Evie, Doug, and Ben glanced at each other before they took off running.