Chapter 5

Evie ran into Mal's and Ben's room shutting the door behind her.

Mal jumped at the sudden sound and looked at her friend.

"Are you okay?" Mal asked.

Evie shook her head as tears ran down her cheeks.

"This isn't a emotional hormonal breakdown is it?" Mal asked and Evie shook her head again. "Then what Evie? Use your words!"

"D-Doug ch-cheated on m-me," Evie said through the tears.

"And you're sure you're not just seeing things right?" Mal asked. Evie shook her head once more.

"H-He was k-kissing H-Hailey," She said.

"Hailey? As in, Hailey daughter of Megara and Hercules?"

"Is there another Hailey?"

"Why would Doug be kissing her?"

"Why don't you ask him?" Evie asked.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Honestly Mal, I don't know, okay?! I'm having Doug's child! I'm supposed to be getting married to him! And guess what he does! He kisses another girl! He was cheated on me! So I have no idea if I am okay!" Evie yelled.

Mal nodded, knowing that when Evie was having a freak out like this the best thing to do is to leave her alone.

But, being the best friend that she was, she decided to take on hormonal Evie, and find out exactly what happened.

"Start from the beginning," Mal said.

"Well, after I got away from the reporters, I was gonna go get something to eat, because my son was hungry. I knew that Doug was there having lunch, so I thought I'd eat with him."

"And?"

"When I got there I saw Hailey sitting next to Doug and talking to him. Then, all of the sudden, they kissed," Evie said.

"What happened next?"

"I don't know. I ran out of there as fast as I could," Evie said and started hyperventilating. "What am I going to do? Raise the baby on my own? Yes, that's what I'll have to do. I'll raise the baby by myself. I don't need Doug. I-"

"Evie!" Mal yelled.

"What?"

"Breathe. You won't have to raise the baby by yourself."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm going to find out what's really going on between Hailey and Doug."

"Really?" Evie asked, her breathing turning normal again.

"Yes. You rest. I'll take care of it."

"I can help you!"

"No. You're job is to make sure that baby comes into this world healthy. So go to bed."

"But Mal-"

"Butts are for sitting. Now go!"

Evie groaned and left the room pouting. Mal then took her phone and called Doug.

"Hello?" Doug's voice sounded worried.

"What the heck Doug?! You know Evie's hormones aren't normal right now!" She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh, thank goodness! Where's Evie? I've been trying to get in touch with her ever since lunch!"

"Lunch was fifteen minutes ago."

"I know! It's been forever! How is Evie?"

"She's resting."

"Oh good. Do you know why she hasn't been answering my calls?"

"I have an idea," Mal said.

"And what would that be?"

"She saw you and Hailey kissing."

"What?! She saw that?!"

"Yup. And boy, you've got some splaining to do!"

"It wasn't what it looked like! I was the kissee, not the kisser! She kissed me first!"

"That may be, but your pregnant fiance thinks there's something more."

"Oh no...."

"Oh no is right. So get your butt to her dorm room and explain yourself."

"Right now?" Doug gulped.

"Is there something else you'd rather be doing than saving your relationship with your pregnant fiance?"

"No," Doug mumbled.

"Good. Now get to it! I heard Evie say that She thinks Chad is cute."

"She what?!"

"Yup! You'd better go apologize and explain everything to her before she asks him out."

"Gotta go! Bye!" Doug said and hung up.

Mal rolled her eyes and sighed. "Do I have to do everything around here?" She asked herself as someone knocked on her door.

"What is it now?" she mumbled and answered the door revealing a very worried Jay.

"Jay? What's wrong?" Mal asked.

"It's Lonnie," Jay said worried.

Cliffhanger again?! Come on now author! 😂

Do you guys want Doug to explain everything to Evie in the next chapter? Or do you want to find out what's wrong with Lonnie?