Chapter 49

After the Graduation Procession, the principal stood up and introduced everyone. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, our seniors!" The principal said. Everyone clapped and then quieted down.

"Audrey Hubert," The principal called and Audrey made her way up to the stage to get her diploma.

"Benjamin Beast," The principal called and Ben went up to receive his diploma. Everyone clapped as he walked across stage, and then quieted down.

"Carlos De Vil," The principal called and Carlos went up to the stage.

"Chad Charming," The principal said and Chad followed Carlos.

"Doug Dwarfson," Doug made his way up to the stage.

"Evelyn Queen," The principal said as Evie made her way up to the stage.

"Jane Godmother," The principal said and Jane walked up to the stage.

"Lonnie Lampson," Lonnie went to get her diploma.

"Maleficent Beast," The principal called and Mal went up to receive her diploma. 

"Jayden Lampson," The principal said and everyone looked around for Jay. (Get it, LAMP-son?)  

Lonnie looked at Carlos. "He's not here," She whispered. He looked around and then took off towards the Tourney field. He found Jay shooting the ball towards the goal.

"He goes in for the shot and it's good! Auradon Prep victory for the record books," Carlos said and then let out large exhales that sounded like applause when Jay made a goal. Jay smiled at him and picked up the ball.

"I guess once they hand us our diplomas we're actually done here," Jay said.

"What makes you think we're getting diplomas?" Carlos asked.

Jay smiled and shook his head. "Our lives are changing huh?" 

"Yup. They always are," Carlos said

"Let's get back on stage," Jay said and Carlos nodded. 

"Race you," Carlos said.

Once all names were called out soon everyone had received their diploma, and it was time for King Ben's speech. Everyone clapped, and cheered as Ben made his way up to stage.

"Auradon Prep is a great school, a great place, to make friendships and relationships that will last forever. It's a place teachers and staff encouraged us to break the status quo and define ourselves as we choose. It's a place where one person, if it's the right person...." Evie  nudged Mal's arm and she smiled. "Changes us all. Auradon Prep helped us all achieve our goals, whether it be...."

Ben continued as Mal felt the same sharp pain in her back she felt earlier, except this time it was going away.

"Hey, you okay?" Jay scooted over to Mal. 

"Yes, I'm fine," Mal said and tried to shoo Jay back to his seat, but the pain made her grasp his hand and squeeze it.

"Some of the best friendships have been made here, and-"

"Ben, your wife's going into labor," Jay announced and Ben's eyes widened.

"No, no I'm not," Mal said. "I'm fine."

Ben rushed over to his wife. "Are you okay? Are you in pain?"

"No, no, no, no, I'm fine. I promise- ahh!" Mal screamed as a pain tore through her lower abdomen. 

"Okay, we need to get her to the hospital," Evie was pulling Mal's hair out of her face.

"No one's going anywhere," Everyone turned to see Uma and Harry standing there.

"How the heck did you get off the Isle?" Jay growled.

"It doesn't matter right now. But oh, I see you've all been busy," Uma said laughing evilly.

"Ben..." Mal squeezed her husbands hand.

"It's okay, it's gonna be okay," Ben tried to comfort his wife.

"You guys go, we'll take care of them," Evie said.

"Are you sure?" Ben asked. 

"Just go!" Carlos yelled. Ben nodded and Jane helped him get Mal to a limo.

"We need a plan," Doug said.

"I have a plan, don't get killed," Jay said.

"Good plan," Lonnie nodded.

"Ugh, I can't fight in this dress," Evie said and sighed before tearing the side of it. 

"Evie!" Lonnie gasped.

"Much better," Evie moved her leg around. "Now let's kick some pirate butt."

Jay, Lonnie, Evie, Doug, and Carlos started fighting Uma, Harry, and their pirate crew, as people started evacuating. 

"We don't have time for this!" Lonnie yelled knocking out another pirate. "We have to get to the hospital."

"I know! What do you want to do?" Jay asked.

"Distraction?" Lonnie asked.

"Sounds good," Evie nodded before she was cut in the arm by a pirates sword, the wound started to bleed heavily. They then kicked her in the stomach and she fell to the ground, the wind being knocked out of her.

"Evie!" Doug yelled running over to his fiance. 

"I'm... Fine," Evie said. 

"No, you're not. Guys, Evie's down!" Doug shouted.

"Now we really don't have time for this," Carlos said. "We need a diversion."

"Get away from them," Someone said. They turned to see the same old man Doug was talking to in the mall.

"Who are you supposed to be?" Uma asked a smirk on her face.

"I'm Evelyn's father," The man said. "Go!" He told the others.

"Dad?" Evie asked. 

"Come on Evie, we have to go," Doug said.

"Wait, he might be my father!" Evie said.

"We're figure that out later, come on!" Lonnie said and Jay picked Evie up before they ran to a limo to go to the hospital.

"No!" Evie shouted.