Chapter 24

"I'm pretty sure when you leave the hospital you're supposed to stay away," Mal said as she walked into the waiting room, where Jay was nervously pacing.

"How could this happen? How did it happen? Why did it happen? Who did this?" Jay repeated over and over again.

"Jay! Chill!" Carlos said walking in behind Mal, followed by Jane.

"I bet you it was the person sending me letters," Jay snapped his head towards the others.

"Letters?" Jane asked.

"I thought we passed that off as Shang sending you letter threatening you about Lonnie," Carlos said.

"But what if this is more serious?" Jay asked.

"Who would want to hurt you or Lonnie?" Mal asked.

"I don't know. But I can find out-"

"Mr. Jay?" A doctor came out.

"Yes?" Jay turned to the doctor.

"Princess Lonnie was poisoned," The doctor said and the others gasped.

"Is she...." Jay wanted to ask if she was alive or not, but the words got stuck.

"Will she be okay?" Mal asked squeezing Jay's shoulder.

"As far as we can tell, yes. She has slipped into a coma though," The doctor said pushing up his glasses.

"A coma?" Jay asked weakly.

"She is stable, just unresponsive," The doctor further explained. Carlos and Mal exchanged worried looks.

"Can I..... Can I see her?" Jay asked.

"Yes. Please be gentle, and do not try to rouse her. Her body is still fighting the poison," The doctor said and led Jay back.

"We need to find out who did this and fast," Ben said.

"I'll tell Evie and Doug what's going on. Carlos, go With Jay to make sure he doesn't do anything. Jane, please go tell Fairy Godmother what happened," Mal said getting her phone out.

"What about me?" Ben asked.

"You have a counsel meeting that you're gonna be late for," Mal said. Ben sighed, gave Mal a quick kiss and headed off. Carlos went after Jay, and Jane left to see her mother.

When Mal went to go tell Evie, she took a step and felt dizzy. Balancing herself by holding onto the counter, Mal shook it off and opened her eyes, determined to let her sister know what happened.

Jay walked quietly into Lonnie's room, and tried not to freak out.

Lonnie had an oxygen mask over her face, as well as IV's in her arm. He made his way over to her and gently took her hand.

"I love you Lonnie. Keep fighting and don't worry about Lexi, she'll be okay. Right now she's with your parents. They're really worried about you. And so am I. But, I know if anyone can fight poison, it would be you," Jay smiled sadly and kissed Lonnie's hand.

How bad Lonnie wanted to open her eyes and tell Jay she was fine. That she loved him and not to worry about her. But she couldn't talk, she couldn't move, she could only listen to what he was saying.

Wow! A lot happened during this chapter. Lonnie was poisoned and is now in a coma, while the mystery man is still out lurking. Jane and Carlos haven't told anyone about the baby, and something's happening to Mal.

Soon, all the secrets will be revealed, but will Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and the others survive? Or is one bound to leave?

Find out in the next few chapters of Sweet Reality.....