Chapter 20

Here's some pictures

Here's some pictures. The first ones of Evie and Elijah. The second ones just Eljiah, and the third ones Lonnie and Lexi.

How much does that girl remind you of Lonnie? Seriously. The almost look the same.

Anyway, on with the mushy gushy stuff.....

"Come on Ben!" Mal said as they walked into the hospital.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Ben said.

"Chill out Mal. The baby's not gonna be all grown up by the time you see him," Carlos said.

"I know that. I just.... Really want to see him," Mal said. "And tell Evie something special," she muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Jay asked.

"Nothing, let's go," Mal said. Lonnie handed Lexi to Jay and caught up with Mal.

"Mal, what's going on?" She asked and Mal glanced at her.

"Nothing.... Nothing's going on. Why do you ask?"

"You're just acting.... Different," Lonnie said.

"It's probably just because everything that's been happening," Mal nodded.

"Okay," Lonnie said. She knew something else was wrong, but she decided to let it go. Mal friend would tell her when she was ready.

At the hospital room....

"Mal!" Evie smiled when she saw her friend come in.

"Nice to see you too," Carlos said walking in with Jane.

"Come meet your new nephew," Doug said placing the baby in Evie's arms.

"He's so cute!" Lonnie squealed.

"His name is Elijah James Dwarfson," Evie smiled.

"Can I hold him?" Lonnie asked. Jane looked at Elijah and then Carlos, and quickly left the room. Evie thought it was suspicious, but no one else seemed to notice the odd behavior, so she let it go.

The other's took turns and when Mal got him Evie looked at Doug. 

"Alright, Evie wants to talk to Mal. So everyone out," He said. Evie smiled lovingly at him.

"But, we're her family too," Jay said.

"This is only girls. And I wanted to tell her something on the Isle," Mal said.

"Okay. We'll give you two a minute," Ben said and kissed Mal's head before walking out. "Come on guys," he said. The other's reluctantly followed, leaving Mal and Evie alone with the baby.

"So, how are you feeling?" Mal asked.

"Like I got ran over by a car multiple times," Evie said tiredly.

"You didn't sleep well?"

"Mr. Eli here kept Doug and I up all night," she shook her head.

"I'm sorry," Mal said.

"It's okay.... Now, what were you going to tell me?"

"What do you mean?"

"On the Isle. You said you were gonna tell me something."

"Oh yeah..... I'm pregnant," Mal said nonchalantly.

"Mal!" Evie squealed. 

"Shh!" Mal said.

Evie lowered her voice. "Does Ben know yet?"

Mal shook her head. "No. You are the only person I've told."

"What? Why?"

"Because every time I try to tell him we're interrupted. And besides, I want to wait until I'm twelve weeks so that I have a lesser chance of losing the babies."

"Babies? Plural?"

"Twins Evie, twins," Mal said and Evie squealed once again, waking Elijah up and causing him to start whimpering.

"Oh, shh, shh," Evie said taking him from Mal and patting his back.

"How painful was it?"

"How painful was what?"

"Having a baby..."

"Like I said, it feels like I got ran over by a car. Having a baby is hard work, but it's completely worth it," Evie said leaning her head on Eli's.

"How is this little body going to carry twins?" Mal asked gesturing to herself.

"Don't worry Mal. You'll do great. Everything will be fine."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you had Eli. I tried, but the doctors wouldn't let me in."

"It's alright. I didn't know that this little man would be such a trouble maker."

Suddenly they heard another wail. "Lexi," they said at the same time and then laughed.

"How do you think Jay's handling being a father?" Mal asked.

"I guess he's doing pretty well. He seems to really love Lexi," Evie said.

"How could you not? She's a cuddly teddy bear."

"That's true," Evie giggled. "I'm glad we could talk."

"Me too," Mal nodded. "But, I think we should stop this before the guys start eavesdropping."

Evie nodded. "Wait, Mal. Did you notice anything different about Jane today?"

"Besides the fact that she was really excited about Eli and wanted to hold him first? No. Why do you ask?"

"I just have a feeling...." Evie said.

With Carlos and Jane....

"Jane! Wait!" Carlos stopped her before she got in the elevator.

"What?" She asked.

"Are you okay? You seem a little distant," Carlos said.

"Yeah. I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?"

"Let's put it this way. I know something, and I want to tell you, but you won't like it," Jane said.

"Try me,' Carlos crossed his arms.

"Okay..... I'm pregnant," Jane said and Carlos fainted.