Chapter 32

Jay followed Mal to Lonnie's hospital room.

"Lonnie," Jay whispered as he saw her lifeless body laying in the bed.

"Alright, what do we have to do?" Carlos asked.

"You don't have to do anything," Evie said walking in the room.

"We don't?" Ben questioned.

"No, because I'm going to do it," Mal opened her spell book.

"Did you break into the museum and steal your spell book?" Jane asked.

"I didn't steal it, I just borrowed it without asking,' Mal shrugged and flipped through the pages.

"Mal, don't do this," Ben took Mal's hand.

"I have to Ben, and don't try to stop me," Mal said and found the spell. "Everyone, stand back."

Evie took Doug's hand and backed away, as Carlos and Jane did the same.

Jay squeezed Lonnie's cold hand and then stood next to Carlos.

Mal started the spell. "Everyone here is sad, so please bring back the life we had. Lonnie should not be dead, so bring her back to the hospital bed," she continued and green clouds of magic floated from Mal to Lonnie, surrounding her body.

As Mal was saying the spell, she felt herself getting weaker. But it didn't matter, she had to get Lonnie back.

"Mal," Ben said as he saw her skin becoming pale. "No!" He said and tackled her to the ground.

The magic stopped and Lonnie was still unresponsive. Everyone was quiet, until Evie looked at Mal and Ben. He kissed her and she smiled at him. That's when it struck her.

"Jay, kiss Lonnie!" Evie said.

"What?" Jay asked turning towards his blue haired friend.

"Just kiss her!" Evie said once again.

"Okay, okay," Jay said and went over to Lonnie. He lifted her head a little, and brought her lips to his. He then felt someone kissing back and opened his eyes to see Lonnie awake and kissing him.

"Lonnie!" He embraced her in a tight hug.

"H-Hey Jay," Lonnie smiled as she felt his tears on her shoulder.

"H-How? I kissed her millions of times," Jay asked looking at Evie.

"Yes, but Mal didn't do the spell before," Evie said.

"That... Actually makes perfect sense," Doug said nodding.

"I'm so happy you're here," Jay said hugging Lonnie again.

"Of course I'm here. You didn't think I'd leave you to raise Lexi all by yourself did you?" Lonnie asked smiling.

"Lexi.... I've been a horrible father," Jay shook his head.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be alright," Lonnie said. Ben helped Mal stand up.

"It worked!" Mal exclaimed. The others looked at her. "I mean, I knew it would work."

"Thanks Mal," Lonnie smiled.

"But don't ever do that again," Ben said hugging his wife.

"I had to do what was necessary," Mal said shrugging.

"And how are you feeling?" Evie asked, actually asking about the twins.

"I'm feeling fine. I'd say everything's okay," Mal nodded and Ben looked between the two girls.

"Am I missing something?" He asked.

"No-"

"Yes!" Evie nodded. "You are. And Mal will fill you in later."

"Thanks E," Mal glared at her friend.

"Anytime," Evie hugged Mal.

"This calls for a celebration. We should have a ball," Ben said.

"I agree. I'll help plan it," Jane said as Mulan and Shang walked in.

"Lonnie!" Mulan ran over to her daughter and hugged her.

"Hi mom," Lonnie smiled.

"But, how? You were dead," Mulan wiped her eyes and looked at Jay.

"They saved me," Lonnie said. "I promise to never leave you guys again."

"Someone wants to see you," Mulan said and stepped aside to see Lexi in Shang's arms, staring at her mother.

"Lexi!" Lonnie held out her arms and Shang placed her daughter on her chest, and then pressed a kiss to the side of Lonnie's head. 

"Thank you," he mouthed to Mal and she nodded.

Lexi lifted her head slightly and looked at Lonnie, before smiling a little. "Hello baby, I missed you so much," Lonnie said kissing the baby's head.

"We'll leave you guys alone," Evie said and nodded to the other's to leave. Once they all left Jay's eyes started watering again.

"I never thought I'd see you again," Jay said and Lonnie wiped the tears from his cheeks. 

"Hey, hey, I'm okay. We're all okay," Lonnie said. "I missed you both so much."

"We missed you too. I'm sorry I couldn't stop the man who did this," Jay said.

"You know who did it?"

"I have an idea," Jay nodded.

"Well, for right now, let's just enjoy being together," Lonnie said and Jay smiled. 

"I'd like that," He nodded and laid on her bed with her. They snuggled as they watched Lexi move around.