Chapter 17

"We can't risk anyone hurting the baby," Mal said.

"So we need to get out quickly," Jay nodded.

"Yeah. Very quickly," Evie nodded, obviously in pain.

"Get them," Uma said.

"Uma you don't have to do this! You can be good!" Ben said.

Uma got real close to Ben's face. "Eh, goodness is overrated," she said and kicked him in the stomach.

Ben fell to his knees, winded from having the air knocked out of him.

"Guys, Ben's down," Doug said as he rested his hand on Evie's shoulder.

"Don't touch me," Evie said through gritted teeth. "Unless you want to die."

Doug gulped and back away slightly.

"Don't worry man, it's just the pain," Jay said as he fought off another pirate.

The pirates seemed to keep coming. Mal was fighting Uma, carefully, which was a little weird.

"Huh, why don't you come at me full strength?" Uma asked as Mal dodged her attack.

"Because I'm trying to protect my family," Mal said.

**Gasps** DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

It means back to the book....

"Hey guys, anyway we can hurry this along? I think Evie's about to pop," Doug said.

"This is not good- the baby's coming," Evie said wincing in pain.

"Can you try to hold it in?!" Carlos asked fighting off another pirate.

"Can somebody slap him for me?!' Evie yelled and squeezed Doug's hand.

Jay slapped Carlos in the back of the head. "Done and done," he said.

"Hang on, we're almost done," Mal said.

"There's only one thing to do. Jay, Ben, you're with me. Doug, you and Carlos get Evie to the limo and stay there until we finish here," Mal said.

"What? No. You can't stay here. What about the rules of the Isle?" Doug asked Jay.

"Yeah, what about rule number two?" Ben asked.

"Rule number five says you can ignore rule number two if there is a female involved, or possibly a cute dog," Jay said and shrugged. "I just make these rules as I go along."

"Yeah, but, but, but- she's, you have to-" Doug started.

"Doug, it's alright, I've got your back," Carlos said.

"Now you're talking. Now get out of here!" Mal yelled.

"What does that mean? I've got your back? I'd rather they cover the front. That's where all the good stuff is," Harry said to Uma and she rolled her eyes.

"Go follow them," she said pushing him towards the door.

"We gotta move," Carlos told Doug and he nodded.

Evie cried out in pain. "It's okay, it's okay, daddy's here, daddy's here," she said trying to calm the baby down. "I gotta say sweetheart, you really got timing."

"Boys! Are you ready for adventure?" Mal asked Jay and Ben.

"Yes ma'am!" they answered her.

"For danger?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"For death!"

"Uh... Can you repeat the question?" Ben asked and Mal rolled her eyes as the fight continued.

Doug and Carlos were helping Evie to the limo.

"Doug, go run ahead and start the limo,' Carlos said.

"But-"

"Listen, I'll protect Evie. You need to get your to limo and start it so we can make a quick exit," Carlos said.

Doug nodded and ran away. Just as Carlos and Evie took another step, Harry popped out.

"Hiya!" he said. He tried to touch Evie and Carlos kicked his feet out from under him, causing him to hit his head on the ground and knocking him out.

"Oh yeah! My feet are burning baby! I gotta tip-toe. Tip-toe, tip-toe," Carlos said happily.

"Excuse me, Twinkle-toes, giving birth over here," Evie said.

"Oh, right. Sorry. Are you okay?" Carlos asked.

"Am I okay? Do you know anything about childbirth?" Evie asked.

"No, not really. But Doug's coming..."

"Carlos, I'm scared, can I hold your hand?"

"Um, sure," Carlos said and Evie took his hand, squeezing it tightly. "Just go with the pain. It's just a contraction," he said wincing.

"Look, there he is!" Carlos said waving Doug, who was driving the limo towards them. He helped Evie into the car and then looked at Doug.

"Let's go get the others," Carlos said.

"Roger," Doug nodded.

"No, I mean Mal, Ben, and Jay," Carlos said.

"I know! Roger!" Doug said.

"Look, how about we go get Mal, Ben, and Jay, and then come back for Roger?"

"Oh, nevermind," Doug said and Carlos rolled his eyes and got in the backseat with Evie.

They picked up the others and then they were on their way to the hospital. Little did they know Uma had stowed away.....

On the way to Auradon Hospital Doug (Jay was driving) kept saying things like, "Don't worry about a thing. You're doing fine, it's going great."

"Doug...." Ben said.

"Just keep breathing," Doug said.

"Doug," Mal said.

"Just breathe, that's the important thing," Doug said.

"Doug calm down!" Evie yelled.

"You have no idea what I'm going through!" Doug said to Evie and she glared at him. "Right.... Forget I said that...."

Evie just closed her eyes, praying that the baby would wait until they reached Auradon and the hospital.

What will happen? Will they reach the hospital in time? Find out in the next chapter of..... Sweet Reality.....