Chapter 30

6 days later....

"There's got to be something!" Mal pushed another book away from her as she sat in the chemistry lab.

"Maybe we're looking too hard," Evie said setting another stack down.

"We have one more day Evie, there's no way we're looking too hard," Mal sighed rubbing her eyes.

"Have you been getting enough sleep?" Evie asked sitting next to her friend.

"I guess,' Mal shrugged.

"That's nice, now the truth," Evie nodded.

"I've been trying to figure out how to tell Ben I'm pregnant."

"You haven't told him yet?"

"I've tried, but every time I almost do, we get interrupted."

"I'm sure you'll be able to soon."

"Yeah.... Now let's get back to reading. Lonnie can't die," Mal said and Evie nodded.

Doug was also in the lab with Carlos, trying to figure out a medicine, and Jane was with Ben talking to Fairy Godmother. Jay was with Lonnie and Lexi.

Jay was worried about Lonnie. No, more than worried. He was......... Scared. But how could you not be? Her once rosey cheeks were now pale, the bags under her eyes continued to grow, and her body had grown sickly, and thin.

"Please come back to me Lonnie," Jay said. "I can't raise Lexi by myself. I'll..... I'll screw her life up."

On cue, Lexi let out a wail, signaling to her father that she was hungry.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Jay picked up the almost two month old. "We've got to be strong okay? For your mother. I know it might be hard, And that we might lose her. But if we do, I'll try to raise you the way she'd want me too."

With Doug and Carlos....

"Maybe if we mix the Pe-"

"No Carlos, we already tried that. It didn't work," Doug sighed and set his glasses on the table. The friends had been working for the past 34 hours straight, stopping only to eat. "Maybe if we try to form bonds between the ci-"

"No, it'll make her blood pressure spike. Then she'd die either way."

"Maybe... Maybe we've got to face the fact that there's no way to save Lonnie. At least not medically."

"Then what are you suggesting?" Carlos asked. Doug glanced over to where the girls were working. Specifically looking at Mal.

"Uh-uh. There is no way Ben would ever let Mal use her magic. Not again."

"Well, we've got to do something," Doug said. "That might be the only way."

They continued to argue over what would work, as Jay continued to worry over Lonnie, and Mal and Evie worked on finding a cure through the books. Ben and Jane were talking to Fairy Godmother about what could work.

"Don't you know a spell that could help her? At least stay alive a little longer?" Jane asked and her mother shook her head.

"Whatever poison they used, the wand is useless against it," she said.

"Then what do we do?" Ben asked.

It seemed like they were out of options.

8 hours later....

WARNING: TISSUES NEEDED

"Well, we can try-"

"That won't work either," Doug shook his head.

"We're running out of time," Carlos said.

"Ugh! Nothing! How can there still be nothing?!" Mal groaned as she closed another book.

"We've searched through almost every one," Evie said sighing.

"Hey guys.... You can stop looking for a cure," Ben said stepping into the room.

"You mean you guys saved her?!" Carlos happily looked up at Ben. Mal, Evie, and Doug did the same, with the same expression on their faces. Until they saw the look on Ben's face.

Grief, worry, and tears were in his eyes as he shook his head. "She.... She didn't make it..."

"What?" Mal asked standing up, not wanting to believe it.

"They tried everything. We've tried everything," Ben said.

"How's.... How's Jay?" Evie asked as Doug walked over to her and helped her up.

"Well....."

With Jay....

"No! You're lying! She's not gone! She's still alive! You're all liars!" Jay shouted as Mulan and Shang pulled him out of Lonnie room.

"NO!" Jay yelled as the doctors placed the sheet over Lonnie's head. He looked away and then ran out off the hospital, not knowing where he was going.

Dum dum dum!

Extra:

Mal ran out of the chemistry lab. "Mal! Where are you going?!" Evie ran after her.

"I think there's one way to save Lonnie," Mal turned to her friend.

"How?" Evie asked.

"You know how,' Mal said.

"But Mal, the twins-"

"They'll be fine. Now are you gonna help me get my spellbook from the museum or not?" Mal asked and Evie sighed, but nodded.

"Good, let's go,' Mal said and the two girls took off for the museum.