Chapter 38

The most requested couple was Bal, so I promise next chapter will be Devie.

"Hi Ben," Mal walked into Ben's office.

"Hey," Ben said not looking up from the paper.

"So, I was thinking, maybe we could go have dinner with Evie and Doug tonight and talk about them moving next to us."

"Oh, you want both of us to go?"

"Why wouldn't I? We're married. Besides, I think Doug would feel awkward with just girls."

"Elijah would be there," Ben scowled.

"I know.... Why don't you want to go?"

"Why would I? I really don't want to have dinner with you."

"What? Why not?"

"Because you're a pig."

"Ben, I'm having twins.... They're your children," Mal said as tears gathered into her eyes.

"I honestly don't care Mal. I hate you and the twins. I've never loved you. You eat too much and you're always moody," Ben said.

"But Ben-"

"Don't but Ben me! Just leave me alone! I don't want to see you again ever!"

"What do you mean?"

"Can you not read between the lines?! I DON'T LOVE YOU!" Ben yelled.

That would be really sad.... If it was true.....

Mal shot up in bed, drenched in sweat, and the twins kicking up a storm. "Mal?" Ben opened his eyes to see his wife crying.

"What's wrong? Is it the twins?" He asked placing his hand on her bulging stomach.

"Don't touch me," Mal said and stood up, walking out of the bedroom to the kitchen.

"Mal?" Ben followed, now worried even more about his pregnant wife. Mal got a glass to get water, but accidentally dropped it. She sighed and rubbed her head as she crouched down. "Hey, hey," He ran over as she gathered the pieces of broken glass into her hands. 

"Mal, I'll clean this up, are you okay?" He asked as he helped her stand up.

"Please, just leave me alone," Mal said shaking her head.

"What happened? Did you have a bad dream?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," She said and walked to the door, slipping on her shoes and putting on her jacket before looking back at Ben. "I'm going for a walk."

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am!"

"Mal, it's two in the morning. No, you're not."

"Just leave me alone Ben! I know you don't love me!" Mal said and ran out the door in tears.

Ben stood there in shock. Did she just say she knew he didn't love her? What happened when he was sleeping? Did he say something wrong? He went to chase after her, but then stopped. If Mal really wanted him to leave her alone, him going after her would only make her more upset. 

There was only one person who Mal would let help her right now. He quickly grabbed his cellphone and dialed a number.

"Evie? Hi, it's Ben...."

Sorry for the short chapter! Next chapter will be in Evie's POV about the night.