Chapter 45, Jonnie Wedding Part 2

Doug sighed and walked through the halls to Evie's old dorm. They had made it into her work room.

"Knock, knock," he said walking in.

"Oh.... Hey Doug," Evie waved. "Here are the tuxedos."

"Thanks. Man, the guys had a crazy idea," Doug shook his head.

"Oh really? What was it?"

"They thought that you didn't know I loved you. They even said that you were upset we weren't getting married. But of course, that's not true. I mean, we have a great relationship just the way we are right?"

"Yeah.... Just the way we are..."

"Hey, you okay?"

"Sure, yeah I'm fine. Just.... I gotta get back to the girls. Make sure Jay does his tie right," Evie said and ran out of the room with the dresses before Doug could see the tears forming in her eyes.

If only he didn't see them.....

"The guys were right..." Doug said watching his fiance leave. "She doesn't know I love her...."

Girls POV

Evie rushed back into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Hey, you okay?" Lonnie asked.

Evie laid down the dresses. "Of course I am. Why would you ask that?"

"Well, for starters, you have tears running down your cheeks," Mal said walking over to her friend.

"I promise I'm fine. Weddings just make me emotional," Evie said wiping her eyes. "Now, this days not about me. It's about Lonnie. Let's get you ready for the wedding!"

Lonnie smiled and nodded, but Mal couldn't help but feel Evie was keeping something from her. She let it go, for now....

Boys POV....

Doug sighed and walked back in the room.

"Everything okay?" Jay asked,

"You guys were right. She doesn't know I love her," Doug shook his head.

"So... What are you gonna do about it?" Carlos asked.

"Something...." Doug said. "Now let's get ready for the wedding!'

3 hours later....

Girls POV

"You ready Lonnie?" Jane asked as Evie finished the finishing touches on her hair.

"Yup! I was born ready. Plus six months," Lonnie smiled.

"Then let's do this," Mal said.

"You guys go ahead. I'll be there soon," Evie said. Lonnie and Jane nodded before walking out. Mal went to follow, then stopped and turned back around.

Evie was putting in her earrings as she sat next to her mirror.

"Evie, what are you not telling me?" Mal asked.

"What are you talking about?" Evie turned to Mal.

"You're too quiet. At my wedding you couldn't sleep and woke me up by splashing water on my face."

"It's just that-"

"Nope, don't say that It's just because weddings make you emotional, because I know you're lying. The truth, now.'

"Fine.... Doug doesn't love me."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"He doesn't want to marry me. He said we have a perfect relationship the way we are. But... I want more."

"Of course you do. And you deserve it. I should give him a piece of my mind."

"Mal, please don't. Just leave it. It's fine."

"No it's not E. You two have a kid together and have been engaged for the past year."

"I know..... I've been waiting for the right time to get married."

"So... After this new development, what are you going to do?"

"The only thing that will wake him up."

"Which is...?"

"Break the engagement," Evie said and stared at the ring on her left hand.

Boys POV

"Don't get cold feet now," Jay said to himself looking in the mirror.

"One hour, we should be leaving soon," Ben said fixing his tie.

"Who's ready for the best wedding in history?" Carlos asked.

"I thought mine was the best wedding in history,' Ben said.

"It was... Until this one," Carlos said smiling.

"And then yours will be the best wedding in history I suppose?" Doug asked looking at Carlos.

"Of course," Carlos nodded.

"Let's just go. I don't want anyone backing out," Jay said and then fixed his tie. "Especially me."

At the Church....

"Evie! Hey," Evie had just gave Eli to Doug's parents before turning to see her fiance.

"Hi Doug," She waved goodbye to her son and started walking towards Mal and the others.

"Wait. I wanted to talk to you about earlier."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Listen, if you really want to get married we can. I just thought you didn't want to."

"I'm not mad at you Because you thought I didn't want to get married."

"Then why are you mad at me?"

Evie stopped and looked at Doug. "If you don't already know I'm not telling you. I'm sorry Doug, but obviously this isn't working out."

"What isn't working out?"

"You just don't see it do you?"

"See what?"

Evie sighed. "Until you figure it out, you can keep this,' she gave him back the ring in one swift motion.

"Wait, Evie!" Doug said but she kept walking. He looked down to see the engagement ring.

"Love, she doesn't know you love her. Gosh, it's so obvious,' Mal said shaking her head.

"What?"

"You need to prove your love for her."

"How? I-"

"Places everyone!" Mulan said and Doug sighed before placing the ring back in his pocket.

"It's wedding time," Shang said.