Chapter 51

Ben helped Mal into a sleeping Evie's hospital room and laid their daughters in her arms.

"I'll be outside if you need me," He said and kissed her cheek.

"Don't worry, I won't. I'm with Evie remember?" Mal said.

"Well, right now Evie's sleeping," Ben said and then walked toward the door. "Have fun."

"Don't I always?" Mal smiled. Ben nodded and the left. Mal sat there for about five minutes when Evie opened her eyes.

"Mal?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, it's me. How are you feeling?" Mal asked.

"Like I got beat up," Evie said.

"Two broken ribs, a small concussion,  and thirty two stitches and you only feel like you got beat up? Wow, you're one tough girl," Mal said.

"How are you? Did you have the twins? Of course you did," Then Evie saw two girls and gasped. "Are these the two princesses?"

"Bailey Noelle and Madelyn Rose," Mal said.

"Can I hold them?"

"Sure," Mal laid Madelyn in Evie's arms and she winced. "Oh, sorry."

"No, it's fine," Evie nodded. "It's just some broken ribs."

Mal smiled and laid Bailey in her arms too before sitting back down. "Mal, they're beautiful," Evie said.

"I know. I didn't think anything could ever be that cute."

"How do you feel?" Evie turned to Mal.

"How you felt probably, just a little worse."

"C-section?"

"Nope. All natural."

"Wow, you're awesome."

"I am aren't I," Mal smiled. They sat in comfortable silence before Evie started talking again.

"I've been meaning to tell you something Mal...."

"You're pregnant?"

"What? No, no. I'm definitely not pregnant," Evie shook her head.

"Then what?"

"We're not moving to Cinderellasburg."

"Wait what?"

"Well, Doug and I talked, and we decided that we'd get a castle next to yours and Ben's."

"This doesn't have anything to with him does it?"

"With who?"

"Him."

"Who's him?"

"Ben."

"No, no."

"Evie...."

"Wow, you've got the mom tone."

"Just answer my question."

"It might have a little bit to do with Ben..."

"Evie!"

"He offered to build another nine nearby so that Doug could stay here."

"And you said yes you'd stay?"

"Well.... Of course I did," Evie nodded. "Mal, I know how much you wanted us to stay together. Now Eli and the girls can be best friend forever. Or until he marries one of them."

"You seriously think he will?"

"Will what? Marry one of them? I don't know..."

"Well, I'm glad you're staying."

"Me too. There was one other thing I meant to tell you, but now I can't remember..."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll remember later. I'm sure it was nothing super important."

"Evie, you're father was just checked into the hospital and taken to surgery," A nurse said popping into the room.

Mal's eyes widened and looked at Evie. "Oh Yeah... That's what it was....."