Chapter 53

Only a couple more chapters to go! WOO-HOO!!!

Time skip... 2 weeks later....

Harold, Evie's father, was still around, but now they were all out of the hospital. Evie was always around her father. She rarely spent time with Mal or the others anymore. So, Mal decided to talk to Evie, and found her getting Eli ready to see Harold.

"Evie, you're leaving Eli with Harold?" Mal asked and Evie nodded.

"Of course M. He is my dad, which makes him Eli's grandpa," Evie said and lifted Elijah out of his crib and setting him on the floor.

"But I heard him on the phone with Evil Queen. I think he's after you, Doug, and Eli."

"Why would he be after us?"

"I don't know. But I do know that you shouldn't trust him."

"You know what Mal, I think you're jealous because your dad's not around to see your twins. Well guess what, I don't care what you think. Harold's my father and he deserves to spend time with Eli."

"But Ev-"

"No. Just leave Mal. If you can't trust him.... Then I can't trust you," Evie said and pointed to the door.

"You can't be serious."

"I'm completely serious," Evie glared. 

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you," Mal threw her hands up in the air in frustration before leaving. Elijah started crying and Evie turned to him.

"Come on Eli, let's finish getting ready," Evie said and picked her crying son up.

Mal groaned as she walked into Bailey and Madelyn's nursery, where Belle rocking the girls.

"Are you okay Mal?" Belle asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Evie's just being.... Evie," Mal said picking up Madelyn. "Hello baby, I love you so much."

"What happened now?" Belle asked standing up.

"She's leaving Eli with Harold, the man who claims to be Evie's dad."

"You mean you don't think he is her father?"

"He has no proof! He just shows up at the right moment to save us all from Uma and Harry and takes them down? You don't find that a little suspicious."

"It sounds to me like you're jealous Mal."

"I'm not!" She started to yell and then stopped when Madelyn's face scrunched up. "I'm not jealous."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. I saw Harold talking to Evil Queen. Something fishy's going on, and Evie won't listen to me."

"Well, look at it this way Mal. If a man had just appeared and saved you, said he was your father, and then your best friend told you not to trust him because he's your real dad wouldn't you be upset at them?"

"Maybe..."

"You would listen to them?"

"Of course."

"Mal..."

"No... No I wouldn't."

"See? Evie just found her father, or at least someone who claims to be her father, and obviously feels connected to him."

"Even if he is her father, he's up to something."

"Just let Evie have this one moment with her father right now. After he betrays her, if he is going to, you can tell her you told her so."

"I just want to protect her."

"Mal, Evie doesn't need protecting. Might I remind you she also is a mother. She's not a little girl anymore."

"For the longest time I was protecting Evie's heart..."

"Yes, but now you need to let her make her own mistakes and decisions. You won't be able to be there all the time. to protect her."

"I know... Thanks Belle," Mal smiled.

"Any time. Now, what do you say we lay these girls down for their naps and go get something to eat."

"I like the way you think," Mal and Belle laughed and laid the twins down before heading down to the kitchen.

Jane and Carlos.....

"So, how are you feeling?" Carlos asked as Jane sighed looked up from the book she was reading.

"For the hundredth time Carlos, I'm fine, and the baby's fine," She said.

"Sorry, I'm just super nervous."

"I know, so am I. But, we can't wrap me up in bubble wrap so that our daughter is protected all the time."

"Daughter... Why does that sound so weird?"

"Maybe because everyone except Evie and Doug have girls."

"That's true. I wouldn't mind have a little boy."

"And what would you name this little boy?"

"Hmm.... Christopher," Carlos nodded.

"Christopher De Vil? It does have a nice ring to it."

"I know. That's why I said I would name him that."

"What about his middle name?"

Carlos thought for a moment before smiling. "Christopher Jayden."

"After Jay?"

"Yes. He is the Godfather after all."

"I don't dislike the name...."

"So?"

"I'll think about it. It really depends on if we have a boy after this baby."

"Why wouldn't we?"

"I know some people who only had girls or only had boys."

"Well, I personally think that we'll have a boy soon."

"Keep dreaming Carlos."

"I bet you fifteen dollars that Julia is actually a boy."

"Hmm.... Make it twenty."

"Deal."

Lonnie and Jay....

Jay and Lonnie had dropped Lexi off at Lonnie's parents house and just got in the door of their dorm when Jay turned Lonnie around and kissed her passionately.

"You're really wanting to do this when we have a seven month old daughter?" Lonnie asked in between the kisses.

"There's no better time to do it," Jay smiled. "Lexi's not here. It's time for some adult fun."

"So... Scrabble?" Lonnie asked.

"Totally," Jay nodded and he went to retrieve the game. "Whoever loses changes her diapers for the next week."

"Oh, you're so on," Lonnie smirked and they sat down to play the game.