Chapter 44, Jonnie Wedding Part 1

Girls POV

Lonnie woke up early, after having a sleepover bachelorette party with Evie, Jane, and Mal. 

She stretched and then stopped. "I'm getting married today," She whispered.

Evie smiled at Mal. "She's getting married today Mal," She said. Mal nodded.

"Good morning Lonnie," Mal said. "Ready for your wedding?"

"Absolutely..." She started and the others smiled "Not," Lonnie shook her head.

Jane frowned. "What do you mean absolutely not?"

"What I mean is, do I really want to marry Jay? Is he honestly the one for me? What if I made a mistake having Lexi with me? What if it doesn't work out? What if he decides he doesn't want to marry me. What if-"

"That's a lot of what ifs," Mal commented.

"Don't worry about all that Lonnie," Evie said. "Jay loves you to the moon and back."

"And you definitely didn't make a mistake saying yes to his proposal," Jane said.

"Thanks guys, what would I do without you?"

"Well, for one, you wouldn't have anyone to watch Lexi," Evie said and glanced over to where Eli and Lexi were sleeping.

"Thanks for watching her for me Eves," Lonnie smiled.

"It's no problem at all," Evie shook her head. "Lexi's the sweetest baby ever. She rarely ever cries. Unlike someone I know."

As if on cue, Elijah started crying. "There he is," Evie sighed and went to get her crying newborn.

"I'm happy for you Lonnie. Who knew Jay would ever be the one to settle down?" Mal asked.

"Well, he does have a kid," Jane pointed out.

"That's true," Lonnie nodded. "I'm so excited! It's only a matter of time until you and Carlos get married Jane."

Jane nodded. "I can't wait."

"Are you having the wedding before or after little Josie comes?" Mal asked.

"Josie?" Lonnie asked looking at Jane.

"We haven't agreed on a name yet. Mal's just suggesting names, and has been for the past week," Jane said. "And I'm pretty sure Carlos wants to get married before the baby's born."

"Then you'd better start planning," Mal said and then looked over at Evie, who was quietly rocking Elijah. "You're awfully quiet over there Evie. Everything okay?" 

"Hmm?" Evie looked up. "Yeah, I'm.... Um.... Fine," She nodded and laid Elijah back down. "I'm gonna go get the dresses."

"You sure you're okay?" Jane asked.

Evie nodded and walked out of the room as Jane and Lonnie looked at Mal. "Don't look at me. She was perfectly fine yesterday," Mal said.

"It's probably just the stress. She did put a wedding together in a week," Lonnie shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're right," Mal nodded but looked at the door her best friend had just walked out of.

"Shall we get ready?" Jane asked.

"Yes, we shall," Lonnie nodded.

Boys POV

"Dude! You're getting married!" Carlos said.

"I know!" Jay nodded. "I can't believe we actually pulled this off."

"Pulled what off? The wedding?" Ben asked.

"Yeah. I mean, when Lonnie said that it would take at least three months to plan I honestly didn't think that we could do it in a week," Jay said.

"Well, you had one of the best wedding planners," Doug said.

"Say, when are you and Evie tying the knot?" Carlos asked turning to Doug.

"Well.... I don't know. But we're all good. I honestly don't even think she wants to get married right now," Doug shrugged.

"Um, we're talking about the same Evie right? Evie, the one who wants her fairytale ending not wanting a wedding?" Ben asked.

"She has been a little distant lately," Jay nodded. "Especially when she started planning our wedding."

"But we have a great relationship right now. You don't need a ring to say I love you," Doug said.

"Doug, Evie wants to marry you. And right now she's probably wondering if you even love her," Carlos said.

"Really? I thought that she knew that. I mean, we are moving into a castle together...."

"You've been working super hard. She barely sees you, and yet, You think she knows you love her? It seems to me that you're sending her mixed signals," Jay said.

"You think she doesn't know I love her?"

"Yup," Ben nodded. "I do."

"Same here," Carlos said and Jay nodded.

"Wow.... Okay," Doug said. "I mean, I'm sure you guys are wrong."

"Yeah well, we'll see," Ben said. "Now, it's time to get ready for the wedding. Doug, go get the tuxedos from Evie."

"Now?" Doug asked.

"Yes now! We have four hours until the wedding!" Carlos said and pushed Doug out the door.