Chapter 22

"Waaaaaaah!" 

Lonnie rolled over in bed. "Jay.... Lexi's crying..... Again."

"And?" Jay asked looking at the time. 1:32..... 

"It's your turn," Lonnie said.:

"Mmmmm," Jay said and rolled over.

"Jay!" Lonnie whispered. When she didn't get a responded she pushed him off the bed with her feet.

THUMP!

"Fine! I'll get her," He groaned and stood up, rubbing his head before walking over to the crib. Lonnie smiled and closed her eyes again.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong little lady?" Jay asked picking up his crying daughter. When she continued to cry he sat down in the rocking chair and started rocking her. Lexi snuggled up to his father and stopped crying. Jay smiled and kissed her head.

"You're a great father," He looked up to see Lonnie sitting up in bed. 

"You really think so?" Jay asked and Lonnie nodded.

"I do," She responded and stood up. "We're going to meet my parents for lunch later."

"Do we have to?"

"Yes Jay. They want to meet their granddaughter. Why such the objection?"

"I still think that your dad's going to kill me."

"He won't. Trust me," Lonnie said kissing Jay's cheek. "I can take her. You go back to bed."

"Why? I'm already holding her."

"Fine, I'll go back to bed and you can breastfeed her."

"You know I can't."

"Exactly."

"That's dirty."

"I mean, if you really want to try, feel free."

"Here," Jay sighed and laid Lexi in her arms.

"Thank you," Lonnie smiled and kissed Lexi's soft head. "You can't have her all the time Jay."

"I know, I know," Jay said as he laid back down.

10:17am....

"Jay! Get up! We're leaving in an hour!" Lonnie yelled as she got ready to change Lexi's diaper, again.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Jay said pulling a pillow over his face.

"Fine," Lonnie said. Jay heard her walking over to him, and he braced himself for a cold shower. Suddenly he felt a warm bundle on his chest, and looked to see Lexi laying on him. 

"You really think that this is gonna make me get up?" Jay asked smiling at his daughter.

"Give it a minute," Lonnie said pulling a dress out of her closet. That's when the smell of Lexi's dirty diaper hit Jay's nose. 

"Ugh! Lonnie! Seriously?!" Jay said holding his nose. Lonnie just smirked and held up her dress. 

"What do you think? Yes or no?" She asked looking at Jay.

"It looks fine," He said sitting up. "Are you gonna change her?"

"Nope. You are. Catch," Lonnie said and threw him a diaper. Jay, having quick reflexes, caught it and sighed as he went to the changing table to change Lexi's diaper. 

"Oh, yeah. That's a bad one," Jay gagged as he threw the diaper away and Lonnie laughed. 

"Next time get up earlier, maybe then we can talk about who gets to change her diaper."

"I swear, it's like an atomic bomb just went off," Jay said picking his daughter up.

"Put this on," Lonnie handed him a shirt and some khakis.

11:23am....

"Why do we need all of this?" Jay asked juggling the about six bags. "She's just one baby."

"One baby who needs to be change every two hours," Lonnie said getting her purse. "Just put those in the car."

"Okay," Jay nodded. Even though he thought it was unnecessary, he did as he was told. 

Lonnie walked out and the two got in the car and looked at each other. "Do you feel like we're forgetting something?" He asked. Lonnie nodded and they sat there for about a minute before their eyes widened. 

"LEXI!" They yelled at the same time and ran back in to get their daughter, who was sleeping comfortably in her car seat. 

"This is all on you," Jay said picking up the sleeping baby.

"How is it my fault?"

"I was carrying six diaper bags!"

"Fine, I'll admit I should have remembered the baby."

"Let's just go. We don't want to be late to lunch," Jay said and Lonnie nodded.

This time, remembering everything, they drove to lunch.

Next time in Sweet Reality...

"Mom, dad, we're getting married," Lonnie said. Mulan and Shang looked at each other before smiling and congratulating their daughter.

"That's great!" Mulan said as she hugged her daughter. "I'm so glad everything's working out."

Jay nodded and kissed Lonnie's forehead.

"Too bad it must come to an end," they heard a voice behind them and looked just as someone shot Lonnie with a dart in the arm. She fell into Jay's arms. 

"Lonnie!" Jay yelled.

Shang growled and went to fight the intruder, but he or she was already gone.