Chapter 8

"You're going home."

"No I'm not," Evie crossed her arms and Mal huffed.

She had been trying to get her pregnant friend to go home and sleep for the past couple hours. It was nine o'clock at night, and everyone has decided that Carlos and Mal would stay with Jay..... Well, everyone except Evie.

"Yes you are," Mal said.

"No I'm not," Evie said.

"Ben's leaving, so is Jane and Doug. And you need to too."

"What is Lonnie has the baby? I want to stay here."

"Evie, the doctors said the medicine was affective. Lonnie's not gonna have the baby yet."

Evie just pouted and Mal groaned again.

"I can take her home," Doug piped up getting his coat on.

"N-"

"Great," Mal said pulling Evie out of the chair. "You need to talk to him," she whispered.

"No I don't," Evie whispered back.

"Make sure she gets to bed," Mal said and handed Evie her coat.

"Fine. I'll go. But only because you won't stop bugging me until I do," Evie rolled her eyes and put her coat on.

"Be safe," Mal hugged her friend before returning to Ben's side, telling him goodnight.

Evie and Doug walked out to his car in silence.

"So...." He said once they got in the car.

"So?" Evie looked at him.

"Evie, I'm really sorry about what you saw today," Doug said sheepishly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Evie crossed her arms.

"Mal told me you saw Hailey kissing me..."

"Hailey kissing you? Are you sure it's not the other way around?"

"Evie, I love you! I would never cheat on you ever. I was the kissee, not the kisser. Hailey kissed me fi-"

Doug was cut off by Evie's soft lips on his. She pulled back and smiled. "I love you too."

"So, you forgive me?"

"There's nothing to forgive."

Doug smiled and they sat on the car for a couple minutes before he broke the silence. "You don't think Chad is cute do you?" he asked.

"No... Why?"

"No reason... Just making sure," Doug said. Evie kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't be Dopey," she said.

Doug smiled and went to pull out when Evie gasped and placed her hands on her protruded stomach.

"Evie? Is something wrong?" Doug asked ready to get out of the car and rush Evie back into the hospital.

"The baby's moving," Evie said and quickly placed Doug's hand on her stomach.

Doug's eyes widened as he felt their son kick. "Someone's very active tonight."

Evie nodded. "Which means I won't get much sleep."

Doug chuckled. "You never know."

They started driving down the road when Evie gasped again.

"Now is it the baby?!" Doug asked freaking out.

"No! Look!" Evie said and pointed to a Chinese place that was open 24/7.

"You want Chinese? At ten o'clock at night?"

"It's only nine thirty. I know it seems crazy, but the baby's hungry for Chinese," Evie said.

"But Mal said to get you back to your dorm..."

"Doug! I need Chinese now!" Evie yelled and Doug's eyes widened.

"Okay, okay. Chinese it is," he said and quickly pulled into the parking lot.

End of chapter 8! Woo-hoo!

How are you guys enjoying it so far?

Janlos is coming up next!