Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve - Passion fruit.

I was currently finishing up a class test in one of the halls on campus. We were supposed to have this before Halloween but our lecturer became ill and couldn't set the paper, so it was postponed to today.

Kaden is picking me up for our date today, which is at three in the evening since I have no other classes. But this exam started at eleven and I had taken up the two hours to properly write down my answers.

Now as I'm exiting the hall with Eva and Maddox, I'm rushing to get home and get ready for the date. Like my previous date, Eva was bummed that she couldn't be there to help me get ready. I say goodbye to both before walking towards where my bicycle is, I finally got it back from the repair shop this morning.

I unlock my bike lock and get on, cycling out of campus and towards my house. I cycle fast through the city before I reach home, putting my bike at the back of our house before unlocking the door and rushing upstairs.

Opening my wardrobe, I quickly decide on a plain red, sleeveless dress with my wool grey coat and tights that had tiny black spots on them. I step into the bathroom with my underwear and quickly take a shower and make sure my legs are hair free before stepping out and drying my body and hair.

I change into my underwear after applying body lotion before stepping back into my room and slipping into the red dress, smoothing my hands across the material. Next, I put on my spotty tights before blow drying my hair and styling them into messy waves. It's when I must go over a few sections of hair did I realise I need a haircut soon.

After I have styled my hair and set it with hairspray, I work on my makeup. I decide to keep it natural with just a winged liner, a red lip and the lightest of blush on my cheeks to add some colour.

It is 2.45 p.m. when I finish and I spend the last fifteen minutes putting on my favourite perfume and packing a shoulder bag with essentials before picking out a pair of shoes. I decide to go with my black flat boots since Kaden had texted me yesterday night to dress warm with comfortable shoes.

I send a picture of my outfit to Eva, as requested, whilst putting in some earrings and a ring on my finger with a dainty bracelet. She responds immediately with a lot of heart and fire emoticons which make me laugh as I make my way down the stairs.

The bell rings just as I have finished my glass of water, making me fix my outfit before walking to the door with butterflies in my tummy. I open it to see Kaden looking as handsome as ever. He is wearing a grey, waist length coat with a light sweater underneath, black jeans and boots on his feet. His jet-black hair is brushed back and rests upon his head in a sleek fashion.

He turns towards me and smiles, holding out his hand for me to take as I step out and greet him.

"You look beautiful, Luna." He compliments as I slip my hand in his and let him guide me towards his car.

"Thank you, you look really nice too." I say, sitting down before he closes my door and walks around the front of the car to get in.

"I guess we had the same thoughts today." He grins, gesturing to our grey coats which makes me laugh lightly and nod.

He starts the car and pulls out of the neighbourhood, driving onto the main road before we head downtown. I ask him where we are going but he tells me it's a surprise and he hopes that I will like it.

I wonder what we will be doing today since Kaden seems like the type of man who puts a lot of thought into date ideas. It was confirmed when he took me to an aquarium slash planetarium on the first date, I never would have imagined that. I was expecting to go to a restaurant or a movie but he proved me wrong.