Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six – Drunk Spying.

I sigh in relief when the lecture ends, I never like attending classes in the evening. Packing my things, I make my way out of the hall with a friend of mine. I chat to her for a while before we part ways by the library. Heading in, I manage to find a seat in the middle, placing my laptop and books on the table.

The library is nowhere near as packed like it was before our winter exams. It was quiet and scarce, only a few students occupying some desks and others walking past the numerous bookshelves. I glance at the evening sky, sighing as I got to work. I needed to write a few notes down because I was not going to bother with a one day loan.

At seven in the evening, I make my way down the steps of the university building, my head snapping up when I hear someone yell my name across the parking lot. I focus on Rico leaning halfway out of the window of his car and waving both hands in the air like a lunatic. My jaw drops as I wonder how long he has been waiting.

I hurry across the grounds before slowing down into a walk as I reach his car. He has now sat back in his seat, waiting for me to get closer. "Hey Rico."

"Hello there Luna Reid, ready to go?" Rico teases me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I blush a bright red because of the title he used, remembering how Kaden told me about it. "Go where?"

"Kaden's place, silly!" He chuckles before rolling his eyes playfully. "He's been wallowing in misery over not seeing you for three days and I can't take it any longer."

I giggle and round the car, taking a seat in the passenger seat, putting my belt on as I drop my bag by my feet. He smiles cheekily, pulling out of the space and driving towards the gates. I look out the window as we drive through the city.

"How was your Christmas?" I ask, making conversation to pass the time.

"It was good." He nods, a chuckle escaping him as he shakes his head. "Pretty chilled after we failed to make those gingerbread houses."

I burst out laughing. "How many years in a row is that?"

"Six." He smirks as he turns left before slowing the car down at a red light. "Kaden and I always visit Axel's pack for Christmas no matter where we are."

"Did you go to NYU also?"

"Yes, I design the campaigns and ads for Kaden's company." He smiles, accelerating when the light turns green.

"That's so cool!" I grin at him before directing my attention towards the window.

Suddenly, he slams on the breaks making me cry out in surprise. I'm thrown forward, Rico's arm saving me from a whiplash. He makes a U turn before speeding down the road, the angry honking of cars behind us. I try to get answers out of him but he remains silent, eyes narrowed as he takes a turn onto a street before parking.

"Rico," I start, my voice dangerously quiet. "What are we doing outside a club?"

"Spying." He replies before hopping out of the car. "Stay in the car."

"Hell no." I meet him by the front, eyes narrowed on his figure.

He sighs loudly before nodding, muttering something under his breath. Draping his arm across my shoulders, he leads me up to the bouncer who takes one look at him before nodding. I wince as the queue of people moan about how it was so unfair.