Epilogue

Chapter 48 - Epilogue.

A few months later.

"Kaden," I groan as I step into the room, putting on my earrings. "I told you to put that tie on fifteen minutes ago!"

"Forget the tie woman, I'm about to have a heart attack." He mutters, releasing a long sigh.

My lips twitch but I stifle the smile threatening to escape. Kaden and I had reservations at a restaurant this evening to meet my family. I had told my parents that we were dating a few months ago and since then they have been excited to meet him.

Since my graduation ceremony was this afternoon, my family had flown out to be here. I had finally received the piece of parchment, ready for the working world. The memories of today were all kept safely in my phone so that I could look back on them from time to time.

But despite being clued in on the plans to meet up for dinner, Kaden was using any excuse under the sun to delay us.

"What is it now?" I sigh, putting on a red lipstick that complemented my black cocktail dress.

"They won't like Mikaela." He moans hysterically, before propping himself up on the bed using his elbows.

"They're not even going to see your damn car until the end of the night." I shoot him a stern look as I walk over with the tie. "I'm dating a cry baby."

His loud growl echoes in the room, glaring at me with stormy blue eyes. I pull him up by the lapel of his suit, putting the tie around his neck myself. Fixing his hair, I nod absentmindedly before pulling away. Or at least I tried to.

"Luna?" Kaden calls nervously, pulling me back between his legs and holding my hand tightly. "You and Nick were joking about Mr Winters owning a shotgun, right?"

I want to grin at how scared he looks right now. A man who rules a pack, ruthless when it comes to wars and deadly when angered, was frightened to meet my father. Nick and I were joking in a sense, because Dad's shotgun was a fake. When I was in my teenage years, any boy that even breathed my way had both my brother and father hunting him down. When threats didn't work, they resorted to buying a cheap shotgun off the internet.

I mean, I could tell him the truth.

But then again, why would I do that? I want to enjoy this for a while. So, with a confused expression, I turn to him. Hell would be opening its doors for me after this.

"Why would we joke about that, Kaden?" I frown, feeling slightly sorry when he pales, as white as a sheet.

I pat his cheek with a sweet smile. "Don't worry. It's still at home since customs would never allow weapons through."

He blinks slowly before nodding. I snicker inaudibly when he stands, confidence oozing off him in waves. "Okay, yeah. Nothing to be worried about. I mean, I am an Alpha. If he tries anything, I'll have him on the floor in seconds."

He turns away from the floor length mirror, wiping the smirk off his lips immediately when he finds me staring at him, unamused. I step up to him, watching as he gulps when I smooth his suit, my voice dangerously low when I speak.

"If you don't want to spend a month on the couch, you will be doing no such thing." I smile wickedly, arching a brow when fire burns in his eyes.

"You expect me to roll over like some -"