Bonus Chapter #4

Bonus Chapter #4 - Happy Ever After

Five years later.

I make my way into the pack house with Kaden, greeting members with a smile. Today is our daughter, Amelia's, birthday. She's turning five and we are throwing a birthday party.

My eyes widen when we reach the back garden, it has every decoration imaginable for a princess themed party. I glare at Kaden when I see the large bouncy castle, I had warned him not to go overboard like last year. I should have seen this coming. He grins widely at the work he's done, nodding to himself in satisfaction when he hears our daughter yell that she loves it and that her daddy is the best.

Amelia has long black hair that Kaden refuses to let me cut and sparkling blue eyes with a single fleck of brown in her left eye. She truly is her Daddy's princess and has him wrapped around her little finger. My daughter is bold and carefree, always defending those she cares about.

"She loves me more than you." He smirks smugly, making me roll my eyes in mock annoyance.

"Mommy?" A hand tugs on my skirt, making me crouch down to my son.

Nathaniel, my four-year-old, looks up at me with his dark brown eyes, his hair a lighter shade than mine. He's the opposite of Amelia, shy but a quick learner, preferring to feed his curious nature by constantly discovering things about the world. My son knows how to play his cards right though, he has caught onto the fact that his puppy eyes are my weakness.

"Yes, baby?" I ask, combing his hair with my fingers.

"When are we going home?" He whispers a little too loudly, making Kaden and I chuckle.

Nathan has yet to understand that the pack house and its members are our home too. I had taken him away from his den that Kaden had built in our back garden to get him ready for the party. He was not a happy kid right now, wanting to continue playing with his toys.

"After the party is over, sweetheart. Why don't you go play with the twins, look there they are." I point to Dominic and Gabriel De Leon, Natalie and Axel's twin boys.

He perks up immediately, running over to the boys who are waving wildly. I had Nathan three months before Natalie had the twins, so they are the same age. I worry my bottom lip, dreading what they're going to get up to. The De Leon boys are known for creating havoc wherever they go.

"Don't worry, I've got a guard on them." Axel chuckles, his arm draped across Natalie's shoulders as they walk up to us.

"Thank you." I beam at him, slightly relieved now.

"Kaden, Luna...can I speak to you two privately?" I hear Rico's voice in my mind, glancing at Kaden to see a frown on his face. 

"Of course, where are you?" I ask, looking around the area.

"By the lake, please hurry." He urges before leaving the mind link, making me take Kaden's hand as we rush to the lake, worriedly.

In no time, we reach the lake and find him pacing the length of it. I look around in confusion, wondering why he seems so panicked. Did somebody get hurt? Is there a trespasser on our land? A problem with our allies?

"What is it, Rico? Don't tell me we're having problems with rogues again?" Kaden growls in frustration, making Rico halt. 

"Thankfully, no." He shakes his head but seems reluctant to state the cause of his worry.