Chapter 3: Sworn

- 💋 Shayla Janae Knight

I woke up almost on the floor since my full sized mattress was Sworn over with Both Ariana and Mani, since they both stayed the whole night.

I tried stretching my body but I instantly came to the conclusion that I couldn't because they were both in my way of doing so.

" Yall!" I called out so that they could both wake up.

" huhhh? girl do you not see the time?" Ariana mumbled into the pillow.

" Im sayinng, she yelling like she don' lost her got damn mind" Mani agreed turning over so that she was in the opposite position.

I smacked my lips before sighing, I forced my way from out of the bed. It was a difficult task considering i was in the middle of both of them.

I placed both my feet out of the bed and slowly walked over to the outlets on the side of my bed. I had a habit of checking my phone everytime I wake up, if I don't check it then I felt incomplete.

I unlocked my phone and checked my notifications, Once I was done i went to facebook and scrolled down to look at a few post. It was crazy how I could be on facebook all day and not get bored because of the interesting content.

*Ding dong*

The doorbell rung, followed by knocks which caused me to smack my lips. It was nobody but my dad or one of my momma crackhead friends. They always come over in the morning looking for my momma and i tell them the same thing everytime..."she ain't here"

However, It hurt me to see so many people in their late 30's being Drug addicts . Most of them have kids too, that's why it really hurt me. How did they kids feel? Did they feel like me? Because i wouldn't wish a Drug addict parent on NO ONE. And the crazy part about it is that most of them can't even get a decent reliable job because they don't have the proper education for it.

That's why i'm glad I have everything figured out right now, so i can know in advance.

I jogged down the creaky stairs trying not to make as much noise, so that my mom wouldn't wake up. I walked towards the door and peeked through the peephole and saw 3 caucasian men whom I've never seen in my 16 years of living.

Voices of conversation could be heard followed by even louder knocks. I jumped and stepped back from the door.

" Open up!"

" Shayla, who is that?" Ariana asked appearing right next to me with Mani with her.

" I don't know" I mumbled feeling the feeling of fear.

" Open up Shayla Knight!"

I instantly looked at both Mani and Ariana with big eyes of fear. Who were these people? How did they know my name? I slowly walked towards the door.

" Don't open it Shayla, don't do it !" Mani cried from behind me

" Mani she have to! They gon' kick it down" Ariana told Mani, causing us all to look back at the door.

I walked towards the door and placed my hand on the doorknob and twisted it, opening it slowly.

" Child protective services are here for you Shayla Knight. We are going to escort you to wherever to grab only a few of your belongings and that's it!"

I fell out onto the floor and the last thing i could remember was both my friends giving me hugs and kisses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt a loud vibration coming from in front of me. I fluttered my eyes open and saw the same 3 men from earlier. We seemed to be in in a dark room, the type of rooms that were used for asking and answering questions. Aka... the Snitch room.

" Shayla so I'm guessing you know your purpose on being here" One men told me.

I shook my head slowly, " No why?" I questioned.

" You were in a unfit environment with your mother....um.. Evelyn Knight" Another men said as he read from a paper.

" Who said something?" I asserted.

It was like...i was sad but i kinda knew It was going to get to this point sooner or later. My mom Evelyn has been a drug addict for as long as I can remember and I hated it.

" We aren't aloud to inform you on that information. You are being moved across state to go live with your aunt...keisha? is that her name?" one man asked needing clarification.

" yes, Keisha Knight is her name. She's the sister of Evelyn Knight...Your mother" The first man stated.

I sighed after shaking my head. this couldn't be true, How was i better off with a lady that i barely knew? It was crazy to me.

I only seen My aunt once in my life and that's when i went to the family reunion in TEXAS!

" Why can't I stay with my dad?" I questioned with a mean look plastered on my face.

" He's in jail for possession of a deadly weapon and won't be getting out no time soon. It would be about 9 months until we could arrange another stay for you...but for the time being your aunt is your legal guardian" One men explained.

This was actually the worst day of my life....So I was basically being told I couldn't see my parents until I was 18....and I couldn't see my 2 bestfriends until I was 18....

" Your fight to baton rouge will be leaving in 3 more hours"......

-

Short but it was worth it!

What yall thinking????