Chapter 17: First Party Pt.1

Author's note: If I get 100 votes then I'll drop pt.2 tomorrow!!!!

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight 

" What's all the fuckin hype about?" Vanessa asked looking over at the large crowd that formed in the lunchroom. 

" Probably another fight" I sighed as I picked through my salad. 

" Fuck no, It's some else." Vanessa explained. 

I watched as Ken and his friends came sitting down at the table that we shared. " Y'all ain't got yall invitations ? " Ken asked looking over at Vanessa then me. 

We barely talked since the incident at his house, I really ain't wanna make it seem like I was thirsty over him so I stayed to myself. 

" What invitations?" Vanessa asked, with a confused look plastered on her face. 

" To Taylor sweet 16." One of Kendell friends spoke up and said. 

Me and Vanessa both looked at each other at the same time, and It was like I read what she was thinking. 

" Vanessa...Please don't say what i think you finna say." I spoke up and said. Taylor was apart of Ciara's girl clique, that hated us. However, she was popular and it was regular that popular people invited everyone to their parties. 

" Guh what you thinking? " She asked me. 

I sighed as I shook my head. " Go head and get one, I'll stay right here." I mumbled. 

She chuckled, standing up from her seat. " and YOU coming to the party with me!" She said before walking away to the crowd of people. 

The party scene wasn't what I was use to. Never been to a party and I never planned on going to any. 

Well at least not anytime soon..

I picked through my salad and watched as Vanessa struggled her way through the crowd of thirsty highschool students . 

" She such a headass." I complained. 

" you ain't tryna go? Li' ken gon' be dea." One of his friends spoke up and said. " Ain't that right li' ken?". 

Kendell looked at his homie and laughed. " Yeah...Shayla a lame doe. She ain't gon' come." He said. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. I just felt like he was gonna pick on me for being lame for the rest of my life, just because I was a little more proper. 

" Kendell shutup." I asserted. 

He looked at me and slowly smirked before turning his attention back on his friends, and resuming their childish conversations. 

I finished the rest of my salad before Vanessa could get back. 

" Damn took you the whole lunch period, damn near" I complained, scrolling through my phone. 

" That crowd was big as hell. I had tuh squeeze thru all them damn kids." She explained, almost out of breath. 

She sat in her previous seat at the lunch table and I noticed she had two pink glittery styled invitations in her hand. " Vanessa, I told you i wasn't going." I added. 

She glanced over at me and sighed. " Why not Shayla? You neva went tuh a party In Baton Rouge befo'." She complained.

" Bro I'm not going to Taylor's party. Are you crazy?" I snapped, locking my phone and placing it face down on the table. I wouldn't dare go to a party of taylor's or nobody in that clique of hers. Besides, I just thought it'll be weird.