Chapter 28: Leaving soon

Shayla Janae Knight 🌸

" Who bought you that neckless round yo neck?" Auntie Keisha asked me.

I was currently making my way downstairs to get some snacks out the kitchen but Keisha just so happened to notice the neckless around my neck as I walked passed the bathroom. She was getting ready for her night shift at the strip club.

" This neckless?" I asked, pointing at the neckless on my chest.

I knew if I told her then she would do the most. She literally loved me and Kendell together.

" Yea that neckless. That's the only one round ya neck. Ain't it?" She sassed.

I sighed before telling her. " Kendell bought it for me, nothing major."

" Kendell?" She asked before she stopped applying the makeup to her face. Then she turned towards me with one hand on her hip.

" Mm, is that right?" She laughed.

" Yeah, now I'm finna go get something to eat." I told her before walking off.

" Hey, holup wait!" She called out, causing me to pause in my footsteps.

" Yea?" I added back.

" You and him together ?" She asked with a smirk plastered upon her face.

" Nah.." I calmly stated.

" Be careful, them guhs be crazy ova dat boy jus because his brother nba youngboy." She told me.

" No we just friends Tete Keisha, I promise." I told her.

" Mhm just friends.... that's cute." She added.

I laughed and then made my way downstairs to the kitchen area. I was hungry and hadn't ate all day. I was just in my room thinking about lots of things.

Don't you just know when you get in those moods? When you don't wanna talk to nobody, you just stay to yourself... and you're sad but you don't know the reason on why you're sad.

You're just sad.

That was me today, which explains why I haven't ate.

I looked in the refrigerator and saw that auntie Keisha had went grocery shopping.

" This is heaven." I mumbled to myself.

I opened the freezer and noticed that it was also full. It was so many items to choose from but the Vanilla bean ice cream instantly caught my eye.

It was me and my moms favorite.

Once I grabbed the ice cream out of the freezer, I grabbed me a spoon and then made my way into the living room.

I turned on the Tv and scanned through the channels. Tv was so trash nowadays. It was nothing good that came on.

However I just ended up watching spongebob and kicking my feet up on the couch.

It wasn't until 20 minutes into It when I heard a knock on the door.

I wonder who it was at this time of night.

" Shay, get dat door fa me!" Auntie Keisha called out from upstairs.

I sighed before making my way towards the door. Whoever this was better have a good reason on why they were here.

I opened the door and what I saw was not what I was expecting.

" Dad?" I spoke.

" Hey babygirl." He said as he reached in for a hug.