Chapter 11: Cut off

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight

I sat in the counselor office and scrolled through my phone, waiting to be tended to. Today was monday which meant I was back at this hell hole of a school.

Since i was officially friendless, i decided to change my lunch period to the Kendell's since he made it clear that we were FRIENDS ONLY. However I ain't have a problem with it, I just wasn't used to getting put in the friendzone. 

Walked in a tall caucasian with her arms full of books. She looked over at me as I sat in a chair. 

" Shayla Mcknight is it?" She asked. 

" Yeah" I replied. 

She took a seat in her chair behind her desk and placed her set of books on top of her desk. " I received your email about the lunch period change" She emphasized and I smiled and nodded. 

" I'm just not feeling 5th period lunch no more" I shrugged 

" Any problems with anybody?" She asked hesitantly and I shook my head. " Nah" 

" Any problems specifically?" She questioned once again which caused me to grow irritated. 

" Nope just not cool with nobody who has 5th period lunch" I admitted, shrugging my shoulders as well. 

She looked away from me and focused her attention on her desktop right in front of her. Seconds later she began typing away, "I normally don't do this for students but I will since I never have problems with you."

"I'm new here" 

" New? That probably explains why I never seen you. You friends with any 6 period students?" She asked me. 

" Yeah...one" 

" Is it a best friend?" She asked me and all I could think about was how nosey this lady was. Why does that even matter? 

" No" I emphasized. 

" Hey, Just trying to make sure you know some students in 6th period" She admitted, with shrugged shoulders.

I nodded and watched as she typed away on her computer. " So all I did was switch your 6th period and 5th period around." She explained, " So Instead of having lunch then choir, You will have choir then lunch" 

" Okay sounds good" I smiled standing up from my chair against the wall of the counselor's office. 

" Just give me a second to print out your schedule then you'll be all done" She told me. 

After the counselor's office trip, I made my way to my first choir class in 5th period and sung a whole hour until it was time for 6 period lunch. I swore up and down that I wasn't nervous in my head continuously, But I caught myself biting my nails a few times while I made my way to the lunchroom. 

Once I finally made it to the lunchroom I took a whiff of all the bad odor coming from the freshmen and all of the immature jokes that I heard them making. However, I was just glad I wasn't the only junior who had this lunch period because by the looks of it, hella juniors and senior had this lunch period as well. 

I pushed and squeezed through all of the people in search of a lunch table. I then spotted one next to the window which was perfect for my daily selfies that i took every lunch period. 

I went on over and had a seat and pulled my snacks out my bookbag along with my phone. I know Ciara and her little clique probably were wondering where I was during last lunch period. Little did she know, I was cutting her off because I wasn't feeling the fake love that she was giving me.