Chapter 13: Invitation

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight 

" Did she put ha hands on you?" Auntie Keisha asked me

Today at school was my 2nd time getting into a altercation with Ciara and her clique, i was honestly getting tired of it, so I just decided to tell Keisha. One thing about my auntie is that she didn't play, but that was obvious. 

" No, she didn't" I mumbled, playing with my nails. 

"Next time she talk shit, just bat the fuck outta ha. You hea?" She explained causing me to giggle a little bit. 

" Yeah, I hear you tete" I replied. 

" Okay now gon' back upstairs and finish yo homework. I gotta 10 to 5 shift" She told me causing me to nod my head. Auntie Keisha was always leaving for work at night and always coming back when it was time for school, so she always takes me. However, she didn't mind. 

" Okay, be safe. Love you" I told her as I stood up from my spot on the couch. 

" Mhm, luh you too. Don't be having no li' guhs in my house." She snapped. 

" I won't, trust me" I chuckled, making my way upstairs to my bedroom.

It was 15 minutes into doing my homework until I heard the door slam considering she was gone for work. 

" Finally" I mumbled reaching over for my phone. 

I went to my contacts and called Vanessa. Me and Vanessa have been getting close over the weeks. I feel like we could tell eachother anything without it getting out. 

" yea, Hello

" She gone" I added. 

" Alright here I come" She spoke into the phone before hanging up. I would always call Vanessa over for company while my aunt was at work. It was like every since i left detroit, I been needing someone to talk to and Kendell wasn't the listening type. 

I finished up my homework and placed it inside my binder then put it inside my bookbag before making my way out of my room. I proceeded downstairs and sat in the living room until she came. Luckily, Vanessa had a car which meant she could always come over anytime she wanted. 

About 10 minutes of watching Bet, The doorbell could be heard causing me to jump up off the couch and walk over to the door. I looked through the peephole and noticed it was Vanessa which caused me to open the door. 

" Hey hoe, whea the food at" Vanessa greeted, walking right pass me. 

" Keisha don't get her food stamps until the 1st....so we only got lunch meat, cookies, chips and noodles" I explained, counting along on my fingers. 

" Good enough but I got some tea, I heard boosie son tootie suppose to be coming to our school" She yapped walking over to the couch where she sat in a seat and I joined her.