Chapter 16: Phase

🌸 Shayla Janae Knight

" Why you ain't eating guh" Keisha yelled over to me from her position on the counter

" Why you ain't eating guh" Keisha yelled over to me from her position on the counter. I just sat in the chair looking at the food disgustingly. 

" Not hungry" I mumbled, Lately I been going through a little Phase when I wouldn't even try to eat. I didn't really have a taste for anything. The sight of food made me disgusted. 

" What wrong witchu then?" Auntie Keisha asked. 

" Maybe it's just a phase, I'll be fine" I explained, picking through my food with the fork. 

She gave me a stern look and crossed her arms. " Mhm. What Kendell don did na?" She asked in her thick country accent. 

I looked up from my plate and looked at her as if she spoke another language beside english.

" See this is not what what we finna do today" I chuckled getting down from my stool connected to the countertop. 

" What?" She questioned throwing her hands up in surrender. 

" You know what" I said. 

" You always sad bout him. You think Ion know?" She explained causing me to pause. 

How did she know?

" How you know?" I questioned. 

She plastered a devious smile upon her face, " Don't trip" She replied. 

" Now gon' up stairs and get ready, I don't got all day na" She explained. I nodded and proceeded towards the stairs. 

Since Auntie Keisha had just got her Taxes, she was taking me to the mall. It was a benefit for me since It was spring break and me and Vanessa had hella plans. I was excited. 

It took me a while but I was finally getting used to things around here...

-

After getting ready, me and Keisha headed out. I was still getting to the baton rouge streets so occasionally I'll ask questions. 

We pulled up to a nice looking mall, However I didn't know the name.  

" What mall is this?" I asked in the action of taking off my seatbelt. 

" Mall of Louisiana. You might see all yo li' friends in hea" she added. 

I shook my head, " I doubt it" I mumbled. 

We both got out the car at the same time, giving me a clear image of the mall. It was really big but it had nothing on our malls back in detroit. 

We made our way through the crowded parking lot and into the place of business. First store I darted to was PINK. 

I Picked out a couple of underwear and some really cute tops. The total came out to 70 dollars when I was done. " What sto' we going in next?" Auntie Keisha asked me as we made our way out the PINK store. 

" Um maybe the nike outlet. I need more shoes" I told her. 

I wasn't use to being spoiled, considering my mother never really had the money to spoil me. I don't even remember the last time she had a job. So we basically lived off unemployed checks. 

it wasn't until i asked for a job at the nearest corner store, I started providing for my own self. I rarely gave her money because I already knew she was either gonna trade it for drugs or just lose it. 

I guess it was true when they said drugs could mess up your mind because my mother was gone. Emotionally and physically....

" You been talkin to Evelyn ?" Keisha questioned as we walked along side each other in the mall.

Evelyn was my mom, of course. 

" Nope! Neither of my parents" I shrugged. 

I didn't want her to feel bad for me. I didn't want nobody to feel bad for me. I hated when somebody felt bad about my situation. 

" They gon' get it togetha....All dey need is prayer. Prayer always work" She spoke giving me eye contact. 

" I Hope so" I mumbled. 

I noticed a crowd a few feet away from us. " you know any of dem?" Auntie Keisha asked. 

I glanced over at the group harder. " I don't think so". 

" Aye mane, Keisha what the business is?!" The familiar voice called out. I noticed Youngboy coming closer and closer to us. He had walked away from the group of people. 

" Kentrell Gaulden is that you? Boa I ain't seen you inna long time!" Keisha added holding her arms out to hug him. 

I just held my bag in my hand and watched how they both hugged. He let go from the hug and turned his head towards me. " Wassam li' sis" He greeted causing my eyes to widen. 

Lil sis?

" Hey..." I greeted back. 

" Alright na, Imma gon' and finish shopping. Make sho' you visit me sometimes, big head ass" Auntie Keisha Chuckled. 

" issa bet....See yall" He spoke back, walking back over towards the crowd. 

Me and Auntie Keisha then started back walking. " Lil sis? Guh Kendell been tellin his big brudda about you. How cute!" Auntie Keisha joked. 

I looked over at her. " I don't understand boys..." I sighed. 

" Whatchu mean? Yall still cool right?" She asked with a worried look upon her face. 

" I don't know..." I replied. 

After Kendell told me about another girl, I quickly lost interest. I thought he liked me back...I guess he didn't though. 

"What happened Shayla! Guh you can trust me!" She explained. 

I sighed getting ready to spill the tea. " So, Kendell basically told me about him having a crush on this girl" I explained. 

" And??.." Keisha replied.

" And what?" I mugged. 

" What Did he say? Say word from word" She demanded. 

" Okay, so he was like he wanna be more than friends with this girl but he not sure how she gon' react blah blah blah " I impersonated. 

Auntie Keisha smacked her lips and sighed. " Guh is you slow or some?" She asked me, causing me to laugh. 

" No" I laughed. 

" He was talking bout you" She asserted. 

-

Sorry it was short but atleast i updated lol....

Vote for another update monday ❤

Make some noise for auntie keisha 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥