Chapter 23: See you again

Merry #bookmas ❤️ enjoy stories from me as I update everyday until Christmas 😉🎁☃️🎅🏾

Shayla Janae Knight 🌸

" Guhhh thanksgiving break finally hea

" Guhhh thanksgiving break finally hea. I thought that shit a neva come." Vanessa stressed as she met up with me in the hallway.

8th period had just ended and now we were getting out of school. It was crazy how these few months of school went by so fast.

" I know right, a bitch needed a break." I emphasized.

" So what ya auntie Keisha doing fa the holiday? I know she cookin." Vanessa added as we walked side by side in the hallway.

I chucked," you know she is.."

" Well damn can I get a invite, I'm tied of my grandma nasty ass macaroni." She clarified.

I playfully nudged her on her shoulder as I laughed. " Bitch shut yo ignorant ass up."

" Guh I'm for real, so can I get a invite or not?" She asked.

" Bitch you know you invited over any time you want, you ain't 'een gotta ask."

" cool cool cause I was definit-"

I was suddenly bumped into from another person walking the other way causing me to turn around and see some nigga. He stood about 5'8 and he had a boosie fade.

" Damn watch whea the fuck you going, don't be bumping into my bestfriend like dat." Vanessa yelled out. This caused many people in the hallway to stare.

" Well tell yo bestfriend ta watch Da fuck out, foe I have to bat ha ass." He added, causing his friends that he was with to laugh.

" Nigga you the one bumped inna me, and watch what the fuck come outcho mouf'cause you won't touch me, clown ass nigga." I spoke up.

All of his homies stopped laughing causing the boy to smack his lips. " You got booku jokes, you da one that's a clown wit dat Detroit ass accent... bitch go back to whea u came from."

Vanessa instantly shoved me to the side while she stepped towards the boy. " Hoe ass nigga, watch yo mouf foe you get popped in it."

" Y'all some bitches, I'm not bout to argue with a bunch of hoes."

Then suddenly a fist came striking ole boy in his mouth, Me and Vanessa just stood there and watched.

" DAMNNN!" All the students in the hallway said at once.

" Mane who is that?" One kid said.

" Dats that boa Kendell, youngboy brother.." another replied and said.

Me and Vanessa looked at eachother then back on the fight that was still happening.

" I hea you call them anymo names it's gon be prollems, BITCH BOA!"

You could see the boy laid out on the floor like he just had got hit by a car.

" Damn." Vanessa mumbled.

I then saw the other boy turn around and just like they said, it was Kendell.

" Kendell?" Me and Vanessa said in unison.

" y'all good?" He asked.

We both nodded and watched as Ken walked towards up.

"Y'all knew dude?" He asked us.

" No, he just bumped me for no reason at all." I mumbled.

" His ass a bitch, I'm glad you beat his ass." Vanessa chimed in.

" He got out his body, can't be lettin nobody disrespect my favorite seniors." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. " boy stop."

" but imma talk to y'all later, I'm finna slide before one of these teachers call the principal." He added before placing his book bag on his bad.

"Okay." We both said.

" Bet, and Shayla text me." He added before winking at me as he walked off.

" Ouuu shit, he tryna get at you sis." Vanessa hyped.

" Guh please, Nobody wants Kendell ass." I rejected as we both started walking out the school.

" Tuhhh, Guh all the lil thots want him because they know who his brother is. You betta stop playing and get with dat mane." She explained in her southern accent.

" Me and Ken are just friends, and ion wanna mess that shit up. He cute or whatever but I just feel like all that relationship shit can wait. You feel me ?"

Vanessa smacked her lips and sighed, " I guess bitch."

Once we got outside we both went our separate ways, Vanessa got in her car and went home and I got in Auntie Keisha's. She was letting me barrow it considering I wasn't making enough money to save up and buy my own.

Hopefully I could eventually though.

I arrived at home earlier than usual today considering I didn't have to work. I walked inside the house and notice Auntie Keisha sitting on the couch with such a disgusting look on her face.

" Hey auntie Keisha, what's wrong ? You look mad."

" Guh I'am mad, this like the 7th time that number called today." She stressed.

Lately we've been receiving unusual calls from different numbers and it was really starting to get annoying.

" Auntie Keisha why you just wont answer the phone ? It can't be that bad." I explained.

" I don't wanna talk to no bill collectors." She added.

" What if it's not no bill collectors? Come on, let me just call and see who it is so they won't be bothering us nomo." I told her.

She sighed and crossed her arms. " Gon head.."

I smiled and dropped my book bag at the doorway and made my way towards the house phone.

I called the recent number and waited until someone picked up the phone.

It took longer than a normal call, I wonder why. However about 10 seconds later someone picked up the phone.

" Hello, can I speak to Shayla... Shayla Knight?"The familiar voice spoke.

" This is she.." I replied nervously.

" Shayla, it's me. Your mom."

-

That's all for y'all today 😭 make sure y'all vote.