Chapter 24: The Matter

Merry #bookmas ❤️ enjoy stories from me as I update everyday until Christmas 😉🎁☃️🎅🏾

Shayla Janae Knight 🌸

I stared at the plate of food right in front of me. I really didn't have a appetite for any of it.

" Shayla baby, you know you gotta eat." Auntie Keisha said as she leaned against the counter in front of me. She watched me as I picked through my food for the pass 20 minutes.

I wasn't hungry at all.

" not hungry." I mumbled.

She smacked her lips and sighed. " Well what you thinking bout? Some on ya mind?" She asked.

I simply shook my head. " No."

" Come on na Shayla, what's da Matta?" She questioned.

She was worried about me considering I haven't been eating much lately. I didn't have a appetite for nothing.

" Ain't nun wrong with me Tete Keisha, I'm okay." I said. " I just need a nap."

But she just wasn't taking no for a answer. She seen the look all over my face. I was hurt.

" Okay, fine. You won't tell me but ima find out." She told me before walking over to the sink.

" If you say so." I mumbled.

I jumped down from the stool and walked over to the pantry to get a napkin.

" I got company coming ova later so you might here some noise." She explained.

" alright, I'm taking a nap anyways so I doubt I hear anything." I shrugged before making my way out of the kitchen.

I wasn't in the mood for anyone. I wasn't feeling my best.

I made my way upstairs to my room and laid down on my comfortable cold bed. Considering it was cold, it made me go to sleep even faster.

-Flashback

I watched as my mother polished my nails the bright yellow color. Yellow was my favorite nail color, I couldn't get enough of it.

She was very good at doing nails, she was a licensed nail tech at the local nail shop.

" All done babygirl." She smiled.

Her smile was so beautiful, it warmed me up inside.

" I love them." I told her.

She stood up from her chair and reached to give me a kiss on my forehead. " and I love you."

I smiled, " I love you too mommy."

- Flashback over

" Shayla !"

I received multiple taps on my shoulder causing me to roll over and open my eyes.

Kendell appeared causing me to blink multiple times. " Boy... what you doing here?" I asked as I rose up from my spot in the bed.

He smiled as he stood with his hands in his pockets. " Came to check on you."

He sat down on the edge of my bed and gave me a glare. " Yo auntie tol' me some was wrong."

I sighed, considering auntie Keisha was always telling my business. I hated when she did it.

" What she tell you?" I asked.

" That you ain't eating and you ain't talkin as much and mane that don't sound like you." He asserted.

I smacked my lips, " So what you tryna say? I talk too much and that I eat too much?"

He shook his head, " mane fuck no, I'm just trying to figure out why you so sad? Who made you mad? I'a fuck they asses up and you know I will Shayla."

" it's not that." I told him.

" Well what's wrong? Tell me."

I took a deep breath in before telling him. Maybe I should talk about it instead of staying quiet.

" the other day I talked to my mom..." I told him.

" Ain't that's a good thing?" He asked.

" Well she kind of told me that she wasn't getting help and ... that- that...she.."

" Come on na Shayla, tell me mane."

" She still on drugs Kendell, she ain't getting better." I went on to say.

And by this point I was in tears.

He looked at me and you could tell he didn't know the words to say. He scooted close to me and pulled me into a hug .

" You gon be straight Shayla, you gotta be strong." He told me.

He rubbed me on my back and tried to comfort me and it was working. I needed a hug right now.

" She gon get some help, you just gotta be strong... be strong." He repeated.

I nodded and wiped away my tears. " Okay."

He leaned back from the hug slowly and paused as our eyes connected. He leaned in slowly to give me a kiss on the lips.

He pulled back and saw the disappointed look on my face.

" My bad, I'm tripping. I'm just finna leave." He added before standing up.

A feeling came over me which caused me to grabbed him by his wrist and pull him down towards me for another kiss.

I couldn't lie, I was feeling kendell and I knew for a fact he was feeling me too.

-

Vote my loves ❤️

Merry bookmas ‼️