Chapter 12: The Big Bang

- 🌸 Shayla Janae Knight

I took a deep breath as the water from my cold water bottle rolled down my throat. Gym was tiring as usual and The fact that I had it with a bunch of annoying Freshmans ain't make it better. 

I picked up my belongings from the benches in the locker rooms. I looked at myself in the mirrors one last time before making my way out of the locker room. I proceeded to make my way to Choir since that was my last period before lunch. 

I looked down at my phone in my right hand for 3 seconds before a body came bumping into mine. I looked up and noticed a girl around my age with long curly hair. " Oh damn, My bad" She apologized. 

 " Oh no it's cool, I shoulda been watching where i was going" I told her. 

She stared at me for at least 5 seconds and started biting down on her nails. " You go here?"She asked me. 

I nodded my head slowly, " You?" I asked. 

" Yea, I'm new" She shrugged. 

Me, I wasn't into making new friends. Things change, People change, Mindsets change, so people start switching up. However, I would always be nice to people because I was normally a people's person. 

" Same, You a freshmen?" I asked pointing Towards her. 

She laughed at me and shook her head. " Nah, Imma junior. You?" She asked. 

" Same" I chuckled. 

" Oh shit...Wait, Aren't you Ken's Girl?" She asked placing her hand over her mouth. 

I shook my head, " Nah, Were just friends. Nothing more, Nothing less" 

" I'm like such a big fan of his brother, I absolutely loveeee him" She spoke in between laughs. 

I found it funny how people admired his brother and I seen him almost like every week and walk past him like he was a regular person. 

" Oh, K-Kent-Tr"

" Kentrell, yes! I love him, his music is like....THE SHIT" She semi yelled causing me to laugh at her. She was funny. 

" I really ain't give him a listen yet" I shrugged causing her to take a big gasp. 

" Your kidding" She exclaimed. 

" Nope" 

" Crazy, You have to listen to him. I'm Vanessa by the way. You?" She asked.

" Shayla" I smiled. 

"What's your lunch period?" She asked me. 

" Umm, 6th" I told her. 

She gasped once more, " Same, I'll see you then" She smiled, leaving me with a weird glare on my face. She was funny but weird, Something I wasn't use to. But I guess she can pass. 

-

I finished up the answers for my Choir symbol's quiz. I was just happy I finished before the bell rung. 

" Okay class, remember to get your field trip slips signed before next Tuesday!!!" Mr. Simpson warned before the bell rang causing all of the students to stand up from their chairs, including me.

I turned in my quiz to the teachers and fastly made my way out of the classroom down the hall to the lunchroom. I was sure in need for some food right now and luckily I brought my own lunch. 

Once I made it, I sat in my regular seat That I've been sitting in for the past 2 weeks with Ken and his annoyingly friends. I took my lunch out of my bookbag and watched as the lunchroom grew crowded by the second.